|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Responsible Sourcing team is accountable for the environmental, health and safety, human rights, ethics and security impacts of our supply chain. We are looking for a motivated and experienced program manager to join our team, with potential work on assurance for government contracts that Microsoft Devices is working on.
This role is directly responsible for developing and managing the Responsible Sourcing program for Microsoft’s hardware supply chain. This position provides a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of many.
This position is based in Redmond and will report to the Senior Manager, Responsible Sourcing Assurance.
- Develop robust risk assessment and assurance framework for government contracts, focused on compliance with Federal Acquisition Act (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Act (DFAR) requirements.
- Independently lead risk assessment process and execution in collaboration with internal team and key stakeholders.
- Work with team of technical experts to plan, develop, implement and communicate supplier requirements, SEA compliance and sustainability programs, operating controls and procedures with the intent to manage and reduce Microsoft’s related compliance risks and continuously improve upon and implement best practices.
- Work with subject matter experts cross functional groups such as legal, design, NPI, sourcing, and manufacturing and drive across the different functions independently.
- Participate in development of strategy relating to strengthening the social, environmental, health and safety capabilities of the supply chain.
- Implement and manage key internal and external stakeholder relationships (with support of China team) to provide business insight on risk management, corrective and preventive actions.
- Effect change by assisting management in developing appropriate action plans to address identified deficiencies and ensure corrective and preventive actions are implemented in a timely manner to effectively address the issues.
- Follow up, research and implement global SEA related regulations, standards, literature, and provide guidance to senior management.
- Collaborate with Sourcing teams to determine effective risk mitigation sourcing strategies.
- Communicate trends in risk and control issues to executive management on the results of ongoing reviews.
- Raise the SEA technical knowledge of the group through on the job training and continuous professional development
- Successfully integrate within a broader compliance, safety and sustainability team of experienced and highly motivated and talented experts.
- 10+ years of demonstrated work experience with assessment and evaluation of environmental, health and safety and labor risks associated with manufacturing or other industry suppliers
- Knowledge of FAR/ DFAR requirements and 3+ years of implementation experience
- 5+ years of Program/Project Management experience in managing projects with diverse stakeholders requiring cross-group collaboration and implied authority
- Demonstrated level of enthusiasm, creativity, self-motivation, resourcefulness and effectiveness as a team player with experience of leading and influencing internal and external resources to ensure successful outcomes
- Ability to travel 25% internationally
- Ability to design and deliver compliance and awareness capability building programs, and manage third party auditing services
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to drive change
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge of IT systems for product compliance and sustainability management
- Experience in successful implementation of environmental management systems to ISO 14001 and other applicable standards
- Consulting &/or auditing experience
- BS in Environmental Science/Engineering, Safety Engineering or other related disciplines with a good understanding of responsible supply chains
- Knowledge of IT and consumer electronics industry, Master’s degree or higher preferred
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship or Green Card to meet federal government security requirements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.