|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Supply Chain Engineering team within Core Platform Engineering (CPE), builds the engineering tools and systems for the Devices Supply Chain, and partners with the Azure team to support the Cloud Supply Chain. The Devices Supply Chain supports getting products like Xbox, Surface, HoloLens into the hands of retail or enterprise customers.
Supply Chain Technology is key to winning in the Devices, MS Stores and Cloud business because it helps us with faster time to market and expand our customer reach, increasing profitability and improving our customer experience.
We build our engineering tools and platform for HW engineers, Planners, Sourcing Managers, Factory Operations, Order Mgmt, Logistics and Warehouse Operations, Customer Support, Datacenter Ops, Microsoft Retail Stores - all of these are involved in the whole lifecycle from designing products to ensuring we can build them at scale and deliver them to our customers. We partner with suppliers, manufacturers, logistics providers and retailers to make and sell Microsoft products and services.
In this role “Supply Chain Deliver Program Manager”, you will need to work closely with MS Stores team (physical, digital store & marketplaces), Finance, Product marketing and Engineering teams, to ensure that the needs of the target market are thoroughly understood and integrated into product releases. You will be responsible to identify and drive optimization to order intake, inventory avalibility and reservation, fulfilment & on-time delivery of Microsoft products worldwide via different channels. In addition, you will drive broad areas of the solution from market research, customer pain points, scenario definition and prioritization to successful delivery. You will have opportunity to work closely with customers and translate the feedback to meaningful and appropriate backlog as well as drive prioritization for future releases. We are looking for a PM to help us evolve our product mindset, drive a growth-mindset culture, and deliver industry-leading results.
- Manage and deliver projects focused on improving Order Management processes and systems to enhance the customer experience and enable business growth.
- Understand Customer Pain points, use data Insights for coming up with Hypothesis to solve Business challenges and transform these into a roadmap of Capabilities based on measurable, trackable Outcomes and be a truly Customer Obsessed Program Manager.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Operation partners to discover, define, clarify, prioritize and deliver supply chain services
- Can work towards aggressive goals with minimum supervision, be comfortable working with internal and external partners and virtual / offshore teams and must have a process-focused aptitude to manage a variety of responsibilities and deliverables.
- Responsible for designing, developing solutions with an emphasis on quality, simplicity and maintainability while ensuring sound instrumentation and telemetry into the solutions and measure Availability and Operational Intelligence metrics.
- Expected to be an advocate of the customer by bringing in customer’s perspective when designing, developing and testing solutions.
- Market both in-flight and envisioned product capabilities to executive level leaders, influencing for impact. Develop key communication reports and processes for stakeholders.
Other areas of key focus on the team include:
- Driving automation and reducing manual order touches
- Drive capabilities to enable increase in commercial revenue and influence business models for how we scale and reach customer faster.
- Drive thought leadership and showcase Supply Chain solutions on the Microsoft stack
- 5+ years experience in area of software product management or program management.
- Experience managing multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Creative and critical thinking about product features, architecture and capabilities with the ability to deal with ambiguity without stalling progress.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation - to peers and executives)
- Sound judgment, decision-making skills, and ability to work under continual deadline pressure
- Demonstrated ability to come up-to-speed quickly on a new technical domain
- Experience with Supply Chain or ecommerce.
- Experience influencing outcomes through partnerships across multiple divisions.
- Enjoys working with large-scale data, metrics and data focused and passion for solving Customer Problems
Describe the ideal candidate (optional)
Our team plays a key role in the digital transformation of Microsoft as well as a showcase in the tech industry. The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset and will be curious, have deep customer empathy, and use insights for decisions and has demonstrated delivering valuable business outcomes through partnership across teams.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.