|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to learn about the Microsoft’sDigital Security and Risk Engineering (DSRE) business through the eyes of the Chief Information Security Officer? Do you want to be instrumental in extending the brand for this Corporate Vice President (CVP), both internally and externally? As the Director of Executive Communications, you have the opportunity to be the voice behind the voice. This individual will own DSRE’s executive communication strategy, bringing to life a compelling story on how Microsoft protects and safeguards our company assets. This skilled communicator will deliver in a high-demand, dynamic organization, communicating across a variety of audiences in the ever-changing world of security and risk management.
You will be a critical player in defining the messages delivered by this senior executive through internal and external communications including customer engagement, keynotes, blogs/articles/emails, videos, social media, and PR. In this role, you will work for the DSRE Chief of Staff and directly support Microsoft’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and his leadership team. You will help them extend their reach by building and executing against a communications plan that amplifies the voice of the CISO and aligns to our business strategy. This involves forging strong relationships with communications stakeholders across the company, working inlock-step to tell Microsoft’s security narrative. This is a great opportunity to work in a high-profile area for Microsoft while making a difference in the way we build trust across customers!
Your responsibilities will include defining and implementing our internal and external executive communications strategy and framework, aligning to our business objectives. Major components of the role include defining key messages, creating internal and external speaking opportunities, and developing compelling content that resonates with customers, partners and cyber security stakeholders. You will provide leadership and guidance to define what vehicles are most appropriate to ensure successful execution and landing of all DSRE executive communications and messaging. You will be responsible for developing and driving executive communications at internal, customer and industry events. You will provide thought leadership on how to identify and leverage executive opportunities to further build and support the security story and build CISO brand recognition. This role will closely align with other members of the Education & Awareness team who focus on behavioral campaigns and internal program communications and awareness campaigns, and security training. The ability to work on a diverse team, is an essential element for this role.
Additional responsibilities for this role include:
- Developing executive presentations from inception to finished product.
- Defining ways for the CISO to most effectively tell and communicate the DSRE story.
- Scale the voice of the CISO to extend further – to both internal and external audiences.
- Coordinating with experts to deliver customer-focused material and presentations at key internal and external events.
- Extending our thought leadership platform to amplify our voice.
- Developing, updating and delivering the overall executive communications strategy.
- Defining goals and metrics for the successful execution of the communication strategy.
- Copyediting on internal Exec communications, team-wide communications.
- Fact checking and detailed proof-reading on various communications.
- Project managing key external communications initiatives.
- Reviewing and supporting video and podcast production activities.
- Partnership with internal comms leads in DSRE and CSEO and across the company.
- 7 years' minimum experience in Corporate Communications
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Writing, English, Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Communication, Rhetoric, Public Relations, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- 7 years' minimum communications experience with proven ability to work closely with a variety of disciplines, including technical and engineering teams.
- The ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and to work effectively with multiple stakeholders is critical in this role.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex issues are essential.
- Success in this position requires strong communications skills, and the ability to lead and influence others.
- High level of executive maturity and experience working with leadership.
- Proven ability to produce high quality written communications and presentations under tight timelines and be able to work under pressure to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience using Microsoft products such as SharePoint, SharePoint Online, Excel for Business Intelligence, and strong PowerPoint skills for executive and customer consumption.
- Agile spirit working on a fast-paced and ever-evolving security environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and agility to learn new skillsets while delivering.
- Solid track record of delivering through teamwork, influencing without authority, and resolving conflict.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.