|Location:||Albany, New York, Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, Tampa, Florida, United States, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for and a desire to shape the business insights into a competitive differentiator and elevate to the next level in business intelligence? Do you desire a pivotal role in the transformation of BI capability for a global business that is immersed in Microsoft’s full product and services catalog? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a great team in a high impact position? We’re looking for a talented professional to join our team!
Modern Analytics & Insights function endeavors to foster an insights-driven culture; to encourage and enable positive business outcomes across the organization by driving right behaviors and decisions through bold insights. This team understands the business goals, strategic drivers, success outcomes and associated behaviors. You will partner to meet a spectrum of demand across insights, analytics, decision-boards & scorecards. Your passion and desire to define and enact the vision for insights & analytics will shape this function into a competitive differentiator. Come join a team where you can enable data insights that drive multi-billion-dollar business!
As a Business Analytics Specialist, you will contribute to the team’s progress toward being a recognized hub for forward thinking in the field of advanced data analytics. The team consists of experts in statistical data analysis, machine learning, driver analysis, forecasting, big data technologies, fraud analytics, and clickstream analytics etc. We are looking for a talented and motivated analytics professional who can build predictive models and solve a wide variety of predictive analytics problems - all with the goal of providing actionable insights into business processes and customer experience. For the right individual, this job offers a gateway to an ocean of opportunities in the area of:
- Using data to optimize sales opportunities, identify delivery issues and understand customers
- Recommending delivery resources and optimization to ensure margin
- Predicting revenue and developing insights to prevent loss
- Ensuring customer satisfaction through timely deployment of resources and delivery of outcomes
- Improving throughput and efficiency of support centers for incident management
- Evaluating business impact of key strategic decisions through data-driven before/after analysis
- Build and develop analytical models working alongside a strong team of Leads, Analysts, Architects to deliver priority outcomes in alignment with the strategic roadmap for Services
- Engage broadly with teams to frame, structure and prioritize business problems where insights can have the biggest impact
- Act as an evangelist and catalyst for BI & Analytics innovation
- Manage the portfolio of work for BI & Analytics and partner with stakeholders on monthly governance
- Partner on a robust, sustainable cloud first big data architecture, data lake, data mart and other assorted reporting/distribution services with the data engineering teams
- Partner with data science team to apply advanced analytics concepts towards rich and bold insights
- Attract, develop, retain talent and improving productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of the team and / or business.
- Create and manage standards, processes and procedures to ensure agile delivery and consistent operations.
- Statistics - Basic probability distributions, estimation techniques, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing (z-test, t-test, ANOVA etc.). Understanding of Maximum Likelihood Estimation is a plus
- Machine Learning - Regression, Classification, Clustering, Data preparation (outlier treatment, missing value imputations etc.), Feature engineering (polynomial, log and other functional transformations), Feature selection, Time series, Text Mining & Model interpretation through Decision Trees, Linear Models
- Programming - Hands-on in R/Python and experience in using different Statistics/ML libraries available (rpart, c5.0, randomforests, GLM, GBM, Scikit-learn etc.)
- Data engineering - Hands-on in SQL and experienced in working with RDBMS for data extraction and data read/write. Understanding of Data Warehouse fundamentals (architectural layers & schema types) is a plus. Familiarity with big data technologies (COSMOS, Hadoop, MapReduce)
- Data Visualization - Experience in one or more Data Visualization tools (MS Power BI, Tableau etc.)
- Business Program Management - Must be able to work independently, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and negotiate and collaborate effectively. Also, needs to be highly analytical, able to understand business metrics, customer and market trends
The candidate must also have:
- Masters in Statistics/Econometrics or PhD in Statistics/Economics/ Computer Science or related discipline is preferable, but a candidate with MS combined with strong analytical background in problems relating to Big Data and Analytics is also acceptable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
- An attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results.
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.