|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a key member of the Tax Controversies team, the Tax Senior Manager will anticipate, assess and respond to information requests from federal tax auditors through all stages of the tax controversy. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the Company’s R&E Tax Credit which includes the planning, calculation, and audit defense.
- Management of the Company’s current Federal and State R&E Tax Credit, with the coordination of outside service providers.
- Management of the IRS exam related to the Company’s R&E Tax Credit.
- Assist with managing U.S. federal income tax audits, including responding to Information Document Requests (IDRs) and Notices of Proposed Adjustments (NOPAs).
- Ensure that Microsoft does not pay tax in excess of its legal obligations by developing arguments supporting the positions taken by Microsoft and negotiating fair outcomes with tax authorities.
- Assist with planning and participating in meetings with various stakeholders within the Company.
- Manage professional fees efficiently.
- Manage large volumes of data and documents.
- Keep current on tax developments and assess potential impact on Microsoft controversies.
- Participate in departmental initiatives.
- Exceptional organizational skills, a sense of urgency, self-initiative and ability to multi-task are required to manage successfully the deadline-driven audit process.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications is required to manage data and documents.
- Ability to effectively research and analyze federal tax regulations and case law.
- Excellent people and communications skills are required when requesting and reviewing complex and confidential information provided by Microsoft Tax and other Finance functions.
- Ability to provide information to tax examiners, while maintaining a professional and cordial relationship.
- Five plus years of tax experience required.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.