|Job Type:||Full Time|
The intent of Customer Reliability Engineering (CRE) is to firmly establish a concept that customer reliability is a domain with joint ownership between Azure engineering and our customers. Regardless of where the customer is in their Azure journey, Azure Customer Experience (CXP) Customer Reliability Engineering (CRE) team has combined a customer-first and engineering minded approach where we strive to design the complete customer experience from end to end.
Our top-level objectives include winning customer satisfaction by providing the help they need, making continuous product and infrastructure improvements and reducing customer pain. We enable our Azure partners (product/service, support, and field) to build a best-in-class experience for our customers.
On our team, we strive to build lasting relationships, and we make each other better by supporting, mentoring, laughing, and empathizing. We believe strongly that diversity and empathy are key to building great teams and crafting visionary products with global appeal. We value variety in perspectives and backgrounds, and work together to create an inclusive environment that supports this.
As a Program Manager (PM) on our team, you will be evangelizing one of our critical infrastructure and safety programs as well as our Hi Priority Events program with our field, engineering, and support organizations to help prioritize these customers due to the nature of these workloads. These responsibilities include, managing the intake process and program website, sending out newsletters to the field and support teams, reporting of our current metrics and alignment with our lead PM around strategic program benefits.
We support a variety of customers in this program, from high revenue, strategic, to small businesses, cyclical workloads, etc. It is what makes this program unique as we are focused on the criticality of the workload as it pertains to reality rather than the customer type.
As a PM, you will work with internal teams and the customer through resiliency reviews and setting up the escalated process to ensure their workloads are running smoothly or issues are escalated to teams to mitigate immediately.
Ideal candidates will have experience or excitement in driving a close social community, ability to influence stakeholders to prioritize specific feature asks, ability to multi task, some Cloud Computing experience, deep-dive into different systems to escalate and resolve customer support issues. Working on tight deadlines, able to assimilate to an ever-changing environment, ability to bring ideas from concept to fruition, and program management aptitude are all desirable. Most importantly though, we are looking for someone who can act as the customer’s advocate within Azure to help us cut through the noise to drive the best experience for our customers.
Another aspect of the position is our on-call shifts, where we work with our engineering teams to communicate critical events to respective customers during an outage. As we continue to grow the team, this PM will help manage the readiness content and certification process for on-call shifts as well as partake in the on-call rotation.
The scope of responsibilities includes:
- Cultivate relationships cross cloud to support the mission of these programs
- Evangelize the program to internal field, support and engineering teams to prioritize these customers
- Analyze program data for efficiencies, anomalies, etc for proper reporting and strategic decisions
- Contribute to the creation of future Microsoft support capabilities for Hi-Pri Events
- Manage readiness tooling for on-call certification processes
- Review and Triage submissions for the Hi-Pri Event program including Global events
- Run Hi-Pri Events kick off meetings with appropriate stakeholders
- Track end to end processes and workstreams for large impacting events
- Drive product and tool enhancements to drive more efficient processes
- Develop and share best practices and recommendations to improve efficiencies within the internal team
- Provide required metrics and customer stories for monthly business reporting
- Measure the success of the product/feature through relevant metrics and KPIs
- Experience in a cloud environment
- Experience in customer facing role
- Four Year Degree or equivalent required
- Background in analyzing large amounts of data
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- The successful candidate must be proactive, self-motivated, and team-oriented
- Candidates should demonstrate a track record of customer-first solutions, excellent communication skills, project management, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work remotely
- The ability to move between high level customer issues and “roll up the sleeves” type of assistance across all phases of an application development project is a must.
- Experience across a mix of communications, business, and /or program management roles
- An analytic mind-set with the ability to develop metrics, create reports, interpret results, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Strong leadership with customer focus and business /strategic acumen
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.