|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their secure digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud security solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success Edge team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes, achieve compliance, and implement a secure environment.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative, flexible, and secure cloud platform today that empowers secure innovation anywhere. Microsoft is hiring intelligent edge professionals to drive customer cloud adoption with hybrid scenarios within the most important organizations in Government.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit:
Check out all of our products:
Learn more about the Intelligent Edge:
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Cloud Edge Solution Architect to drive highly regulated customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in the Enterprise accounts segment of our business. This is a customer-facing role, owning an overall technical relationship between the customer and the Azure Intelligent Edge Platforms.
You will own the Azure Intelligent Edge customer engagements, including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects, and/or MVPs.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success, leading in-depth technical security architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Security Architects, Enterprise Architects, IT Management, and Developers to drive Azure Cloud and Intelligent Edge adoption.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand the regulatory, compliance, and security controls needed in traditional environments (on-premises) to enable the ability for Intelligent Edge devices to be utilized in customer environments (FedRAMP, DoD IL2-6, NIST RMF, ICD 503).
- Help customers to create their intelligent edge plan and strategy to transform their edge solutions to a more modern and cloud-native approach, using Azure integrated solutions.
- Perform hands-on activities (like PoCs), supporting the customer in evaluating intelligent edge solutions like Azure Stack Hub, Azure Stack HCI, Azure Stack Edge, IoT Hub/IoT Edge, Data Box, among others.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect intelligent edge solutions that meet business, IT, Regulation and Compliance needs, infusing key intelligent edge solutions where appropriate (e.g., Azure Stack Hub, Azure Stack HCI, Azure Stack Edge, IoT Hub/IoT Edge, Data Box, etc.).
- Ensure that solutions exhibit high-performance levels, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability upon deployment.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT, Security, Compliance, and relevant business decision-makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be Azure Intelligent Edge advocates.
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering and Products teams to remove blockers and influence the roadmap.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects and MS stakeholders in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Azure Intelligent Edge platforms.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, collaborate, and share with the technical community through classroom training and content creation while additionally educating customers on Azure Intelligent Edge.
- Be an Azure Intelligent Edge evangelist with customers, partners, and internal/external communities.
- Help Customers to understand the Azure Intelligent Edge strategy aligned with our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on intelligent edge solutions/projects. Required
- Good business acumen to quickly understand the customer’s industry regulations, necessary security controls, and business necessities to have relevant discussions with decision-makers.
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer disconnected and hybrid scenarios through intelligent edge and cloud technologies Required
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, Security teams, Architecture teams, Infrastructure admins, Network Admins) Required
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with intelligent edge including, disconnected infrastructures, hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, and technology management. Required
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new cloud technologies and understand relevant intelligent edge market trends. Required
- Competitive Landscape: Knowledge of non-Microsoft intelligent edge platforms/offerings.
- Partners: Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer need. Preferred
- Breadth of technical security experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following Intelligent Edge Solutions. Required
- Azure Stack Hub
- Azure Stack HCI
- Azure Stack Edge
- IoT Hub/IoT Edge
- Data Box
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Azure Stack Hub, Azure IoT, Azure AI, Azure Fundamentals
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications.
- 3+ years of experience in solution delivery experience in Intelligent Edge specialized solutions from the Microsoft Azure Stack, Azure Data Box and Azure IoT families and/or Amazon Web Services based solutions.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.