|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Search platform team is a fast-paced growing team with great technical expertise enabling the next generation of Enterprise search by building large scale distributed system for search. Goal for this team is to enable & enhance this platform to handle various types of enterprise data from varied sources, and in delivering enterprise query features across
different Microsoft 365 experiences.
As part of building Enterprise search, this team is currently focusing on SharePoint Search in Microsoft 365. This is a big, technical cross-org undertaking but has huge payoffs not only in enhancing the user experience with personalized relevant result but also efficiency & COGS savings over 3 years. If you love large-scale, architecturally intensive, complicated customer scenarios, do not miss this opportunity to work on this effort.
As a team member you will have the opportunity to lead and grow an area to deliver on those missions through technical horsepower, great cross-team collab, and a love for complex problems with ambiguity.
- Defining the roadmap and strategy for Enterprise query features and Security & Compliance for Microsoft Search Platform.
- Drive architectural design & execution plan with solid Customer Scenario understanding of high value Enterprise query features.
- Work with the Information Protection team, and other security teams in M365 Substrate in improving and delivering the fundamentals of Search platform with the focus on Security & Compliance.
- Have an execution focused mindset, ability to roll up your sleeves, working with various engineering teams across the globe, and different stakeholders.
- Key areas of expertise include not just APIs, Performance Percentiles, COGS savings, Metrics but also ensuring the scale of services offered on Search platform as top priority.
- A university degree (BS or MS) in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience (3-5 years) designing and shipping high-quality software products at scale with technical in-depth along with strong program management skills in identifying and solving problems quickly with minimal management guidance.
- Passion for solving technical problems and bringing complex customer requirements to life.
- Ability to synthesize and communicate solutions to complex technical problems; must be able to bring clarity to highly ambiguous problems.
- Interpersonal awareness to work collaboratively with a diverse set of people across multiple teams, divisions, time zones, and organizational levels.
- Track record of going technically deep and quickly ramping up on new technologies.
- Have a good understanding and ability to define metrics that represent success for the customer or business, can evaluate feature impact and inform next steps.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.