|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) organization is looking for a Data Center Operations Trainer with a passion for driving innovation, influencing operational excellence, and working with a team of diverse and motivated learning professionals through the establishment of CO+I Sovereign Supported Services.
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers, managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
As part of the Global Training Operations L&D Team, you will contribute to and drive programs establishing: workforce training needs analysis; involvement in operations change and adoption activities; evaluation/reporting on L&D training initiatives for FTE and vendor personnel; and integrating learning solutions into operational planning initiatives.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
As a successful Learning & Development Training Operations PM, your performance objectives will consist of:
- Facilitate live classroom instruction credibly with experienced datacenter staff
- Close collaboration with Trainers, datacenter operations stakeholders, vendor management, and internal/external customer and L&D partners.
- Analyzing data from training and operations metrics to identify business needs and opportunities to improve learning-solution development and delivery.
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships with vendor companies
- Perform day to day project check-in and update to manage project delivery and quality
- Identify operations risks, training gaps, and learning opportunities and communicate to stakeholders and other teams to drive resolution
- Gather and provide feedback on lessons learned, best practices, and innovations on process/procedures and tools to improve efficiencies and productivity
- Work with Engineering teams, Operations planning, and technical customer representatives to drive emergent training needs
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- Maintain your personal technical proficiency in tools and procedures relative to the needs of your datacenter
- Coordinating with the L&D PMs and datacenter leadership to ensure that assigned training is complete & on time
- Coordinating with the L&D PM’s and vendor management to ensure all required training per current statements of work is complete per existing agreements
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
Skills & Capabilities that are critical to success include:
- Partnering & influencing beyond your position: Know how to partner-up and be able to influence for results.
- Using business intelligence tools & reporting to both inform future planning and measure the effectiveness/impact of existing programs.
- Intuitive understanding of process improvement and business operations frameworks
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success across our organization.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least two years of experience in training / readiness operations, exhibiting strong project management skills
- At least three years’ experience in datacenter or DoD C4I operations environment
- Ability to collaborate and work successfully with a geographically distributed team of vendors and FTE’s
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with individual contributors, technical specialists, managers and vendors across the spectrum of a datacenter operations organization
- Technical College degree or certification in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- Perform and execute organization’s safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge assessments
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, non-business hours, or other scenarios required by the flow of operations
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.