|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
The Mixed Reality Systems Engineering team has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer who has experience contributing to the design, implementation, bring-up, and validation of subsystems on our products.
- Firmware and driver development with a focus on the Display subsystem.
- Instrumentation and test, debug, and improve our measurement tools.
- Assist with hardware bring-up and device manufacturing.
- Work in close partnership with a team of cross discipline peers including design, hardware, PM and Quality Engineering for sustained long term success.
- Maintain a focus on enabling customer, developer and IHV scenarios.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years of relevant software design and development experience.
- Outstanding technical problem-solving skills.
- Experience in design, coding, and debugging skills.
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
- Writing performance critical code in C/C++.
- Windows or Linux device driver development
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Hardware bring-up and Manufacturing
- Display subsystem bring-up and validation
- Simple Peripheral Bus (I2C, SPI, UART, MIPI)
- GPU Programming
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.