|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Azure CXP Engineering team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
Microsoft Azure provides an on-demand and infinitely scalable platform for customers to build, host, and scale service applications through Microsoft global data centers. The Azure CXP team is the product engineering, service delivery, onboarding and customer success unit in Azure engineering, responsible for deploying and managing customers’ mission-critical workloads; providing complete customer care through in-product experiences and platforms, and strategic customer support delivery; identifying product opportunities and gaps, and then driving innovations and improvements into the product.
Our mission is to: Transform Azure customers into Azure fans.
The Services Hub is a premium online service within Azure CXP powering the multi-billion-dollar Microsoft Premier and Unified Support business and is also a customer facing platform for cloud support plan management and analytics. The platform allows our largest business customers to digitally engage and access their support benefits such as support case management, support account team engagement, on-demand education services, and on-demand assessments running on Azure. Check out the Services Hub in action https://serviceshub.microsoft.com. and learn more at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/services-hub/unified/ .
We’re looking for an extremely talented, highly motivated Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) to drive implementation and delivery of our platform. We’re seeking a developer that has knowledge and interest in gaining experience across the application development stack. The SDE will be working on project(s) focused on Microsoft Azure (Hosted Services, Blob, Tables and Queues), CosmosDB, SQL Azure, Webjobs, Operations Management Suite (OMS), .NET Framework (C#), Web and Client UIs (Web API, TypeScript, etc.). The system does lots of bulk data processing and then rendering that data back to the users. There is a client component that does the data gathering, which is in Angular and hosts workflows to drive that creation.
In addition to the technical expertise, we expect someone who will be obsessed about working closely with customers to build solutions that delight them and make them more efficient. We’re committed to helping our customers get better value out of their Microsoft investment. The ideal candidate will ask challenging questions about what needs to be done and push for simple features that will deliver value.
Our team moves frequently between layers of the system, enabling people to deepen their experience in many areas. While everyone has an area of focus, we all chip in and help in various areas as needed. This is a great group that works to drive hard toward business outcomes while having a lot of fun and growing as a team.
As an Senior SDE, your duties include:
- Design and development of platform features
- Work with other developers to help deliver current releases
- Sustain engineering builds to ensure requirements for design, performance, user scenarios are met along with quality code,
- Adherence to coding standards and project metrics and making sure these are delivered on time under tight schedules
- Attending daily sprint meetings
- Work closely with PM and other upstream source system teams to address production issues.
- Experience with either C# or Java
- Some formal education (boot camp) in Computer Science, Software Development, Web Development or related technologies
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
To be the preferred candidate, you will have a proven track record developing high quality software, as well as the following:
- 5+ years of experience with the .NET framework (C#, ASP.NET, XML)
- 3+ years of experience with UI technologies (Angular , ReactJs, CSS/JS, etc.)
- 3+ years of designing and shipping modern web applications
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure and SQL Azure
- Creative and self-motivated developer with excellent coding, design and communication skills
- A BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.