|Location:||Minneapolis, Minnesota, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.Flipgrid’smission is to empower everyone on the planet to share theirvoiceand respect the diverse voices of others.
TheFlipgridteam has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative,funandready to work withan energized team ofFlipgridand gaming engineers.
As aSenior Software Engineerin our Trust and Safety team, you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solversdelivering product experiences that enable authentic, respectful, and safe discussions.Flipgridand the Xbox Safety team are partners on amulti-tenant contentReact-basedmoderationwebsitewhere you’llinnovateand implementcutting-edge video moderation and moderator safety and wellnesscapabilities.The ideal candidate should have strong technical and collaboration skills and be highly motivated to create innovative features for a website that will be used by numerous teams within Microsoft.
- Participate in design, implementation, and execution across a variety offeatures
- CollaborateeffectivelywithUX designersandkeystakeholders
- Help drive planning and strategy for the site experiences and the team’sworkflow
- Help driveUXarchitectural changes into the product toimprovequality,performance, reliability, andincrease developer agility
- Provide guidance and code reviews for other team membersincludingvendors
- B.S. in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of UX development experiences with Reactand solid understanding of Reactconcepts
- Experience in building features from the ground up
- Experience with cross-discipline and cross-team collaboration
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Experience with source controlandbuildsystems
- Self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented
- Passion forhelping contribute toteamculture
- Compliance knowledge(accessibility, privacy,security)
- Exemplary JS debugging skills
- Experience with UI testing frameworks like Selenium
- Experience using AzureDevOps
- Experience with MicrosoftFluent
- Experience collaborating with UX designers usingAbstract
- Experience with web experimentation
- Azure experience includingstatic website CDNendpoints
- Full stack experience (REST API,Cosmos DB)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.