|Location:||Minneapolis, Minnesota, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.Flipgrid’smission is to empower everyone on the planet to share theirvoiceand respect the diverse voices of others.
TheFlipgridteam has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative,funand ready to work with an energized team ofFlipgridand gaming engineers.
As aSoftware Engineerin our Trust and Safety team, you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solversdelivering product experiences that enable authentic, respectful, and safe discussions.Flipgridand the Xbox Safety team are partners on amulti-tenant content moderationplatformwhereyou’llimplementSalus APIs and microservices to supportFlipgridmoderation scenarios.The ideal candidate should have strong technical and collaboration skills and be highly motivated todeliver and support an integration that will be used by millions.
- Participate in design, implementation, and execution across a variety offeatures
- Collaborateeffectivelywithproduct management andkey stakeholdersandwork across theFlipgridandXbox Safetyorganizations to deliver theintegration
- Helpplan andexecute onthe integrationcomponents
- Ensurechangesimprovequality,performance, reliability, andincrease developer agility
- Participate incode reviews for other team membersincludingvendors
- Participate in On Call and Site Reliability rotations to support live site and drive engineered solutions to improve customerexperiences
- Learn withthe teamandas appropriate,adoptrelevant new technologies, tools, methods andprocesses
- B.S. in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of professionalsoftwaredevelopment experience
- 1+ years of implementing REST APIs and micro-services
- DevOpslive site supportexperience
- Experience with cross-discipline and cross-team collaboration
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Experience with source controlandbuildsystems
- Excellent analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented
- Passion forhelping contribute toteamculture
- Compliance knowledge(accessibility, privacy,security)
- 1-2 years experience with building on Azure or AWS.
- Experience with Cosmos DB and Azure Messaging (Event Hub and Event Grid)
- Experience using AzureDevOps
- Experience in building features from the ground up
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.