|Location:||Minneapolis, Minnesota, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.Flipgrid’s mission is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
As aSoftware Engineerin ournewly formedTrust and Safetycrew, you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly understand the Flipgrid platform andpartner closelywithMicrosoft’s Watch For teaminbuildingalarge-scalevideo AIplatformto empowermillions of learners, educators, and families.Watch For,developedin Microsoft Research, is pushing the boundaries ofdistributed systems andvideo AI.
In this role, you’ll spantechnical and operational effortsacross disciplines alongsidea team of world-class researchers.This requiresanunderstanding of product goals, technical solutions, target metrics and delivering product experiences that enable authentic, respectful, and safe discussions.
- Work across the Flipgrid and Watch For organizationsto delivervideo AIservices at scale.
- Design services with a strong focus on high availability, scalability, and robustness.
- Have end-to-end responsibility for the development, testing, and production readiness of the services you build.
- Maintain and monitor infrastructure – participate in on-call rotation for production level issues.
- Participate in anagileand inclusive team that focuses oncommunity impacts.
- 3+ years of software development work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of building, maintaining, and testing large-scaledistributedapplications written in a modern program language.
- Experience building in acontinuousdelivery environment.
- Computers Science BS degree or related technical discipline.
- Full stack development, hands on experience with C#, C/C++.
- 1-2years experiencewith building on Azure or AWS.
- Previous experienceworking on AI systems.
- Agility to learn new technologies deeply and adapt and respond to community and application needs as they emerge.
- Experiencedelivering consumer facing technical projects from concept to implementation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.