|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely. CSE engineers have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
In CSE, the Enterprise 360 team is uniquely positioned to contribute to Microsoft’s digital transformation by reinventing the fabric to connect, host and support enterprise services and customer engagement infrastructure that are the bedrock of our company. The digital enterprise demands cloud scale data services that consolidate data silos into intelligent quality analytics, deeply integrated into processes and workflows. With the emergency of AIOps and digital customer experience management trends in the industry machine learning, cognitive services and real-time processing become the new norm.
As a software engineering lead in the Enterprise 360 – Data Intelligence team, your team will deliver the big data processing and machine learning platform and work with the business lines to create models to powers the digital transformation. Your work will serve as blueprint for leveraging Azure big data and AI/ML technologies to support IT operations and Customer support and you will have opportunities to showcase these solutions to Microsoft commercial customers.
- Lead and grow a team of data engineers to modernize and deliver an AI/ML platform using Microsoft and open source services.
- Ability to do hands-on work and contribute to deliverables through design & coding
- Work with the business owners to help frame broad questions into concrete, relevant data-driven solutions and metrics.
- Acquire expertise into multiple domain-specific data sources and apply scientific methods and modeling techniques
- Be an active influencer of data-driven culture and literacy withing Enterprise 360, and stay connected with the broader Microsoft data community
- Work with PM & data engineers to architect and operationalize data insights & ML models
- Drive consistency and excellence in building and operating data services/models by providing standards, tools and templates to be leveraged across the Enterprise 360 team
- Innovate end to end, keep informed with the industry trends on data science, enterprise digital transformation, big data application to AIOps and customer digital experience
- Foster thought leadership and scientific inquiry, formulate new questions and solutions to advance the use of data in supporting concrete business needs.
- Take an active role in learning and growing the data literacy level in the wider group
- Live and lead by example a service-oriented culture which puts our customers first and values predictable, quality, drama-free execution.
- Promote a people-oriented culture that strives to create an inclusive environment where the sum is bigger than its parts through diverse thought, learning, respect and accountability.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or Data Science
- Proven experience leading teams as a manager and/or v-team lead in cross-group projects
- Ability to influence and drive impact across disciplines, with internal and external partners
- 5+ years experience delivering into production big data services using Azure technologies
- 3+ DevOps/MLOPs experience
- Familiarity with data languages and tools: SQL, R, Python
- Familiarity with ML algorithms to help guide business discussions (for deeper expertise, the team has on staff a senior data & applied scientist)
Preferred, not required:
- Experience with telephony infrastructure, call center services is a plus
- Experience with network infrastructure/manageability systems
What makes this job great:
- Exciting charter in an area of growth in the industry, with ample room for innovation and plenty challenges left to conquer
- Cutting edge data technology to apply to digital transformation in one of the most complex, global-scale enterprises in the world
- Friendly and talented team with a ‘can-do’, collaborative attitude
- Opportunities to work with external enterprise customers at Microsoft EBC, teams across Microsoft-wide and partners who are market leaders in big data technology and IT intelligence systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.