|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
In CSE, the Enterprise 360 team is uniquely positioned to contribute to Microsoft’s digital transformation by reinventing the fabric to connect, host and support enterprise services and customer engagement infrastructure that are the bedrock of our company. The digital enterprise demands cloud scale data services that consolidate data silos into intelligent quality analytics, deeply integrated into processes and workflows. With the emergency of AIOps and digital customer experience management trends in the industry machine learning, cognitive services and real-time processing become the new norm.
As a software engineering/data engineer in the Enterprise 360 – Data Intelligence team, your will deliver the big data platform and work with the business lines to create models & insights to powers the digital transformation. Your work will serve as blueprint for leveraging Azure big data to support IT operations and you will have opportunities to showcase these solutions to Microsoft commercial customers.
- Build and maintain a big data platform as per industry standards and best practices.
- Design efficient data models / structures to support the organization’s data and reporting needs.
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and influence design architecture.
- Effectively communicate ideas to audiences with various technical backgrounds.
- Contribute to the overall technical vision and strategy for the products built by our team.
- Plan and execute software development using Agile processes.
- Support the broader E360 organization as a subject matter expert in data technologies: establish engineering best practices, contribute to data architecture design.
- perform design and code reviews and provide feedback/prioritization on modernizing the overall data flows, consolidate & refactor data products to achieve data quality and cost reduction.
- Contribute to raising the level of data literacy in the broader group through coaching, training, and office hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years development experience on large-scale (Big) data solutions including databases (SQL/No-SQL) and ETL / Data pipelines using cloud services.
- 3+ year experience with Azure Big Data stack (Data Lake, Spark, Hadoop) and distributed processing like Apache Spark, Azure Data Factory, Azure Automation or equivalent
- 3+ year experience with Azure, REST APIs and Web Apps.
- 3+ years development experience in one of the programming languages (C#, Java, C++, Python or equivalent)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and software engineering habits, including peer code reviews, unit testing, etc.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Experience with any analytical / visualization tool (Power BI, Cognos, OBIEE, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in service-oriented architecture using microservices.
- Coding skills in object-oriented programming and/or domain specific languages
What makes this job great:
- Exciting charter in an area of growth in the industry, with ample room for innovation and plenty challenges left to conquer.
- Cutting edge data technology to apply to digital transformation in one of the most complex, global-scale enterprises in the world.
- Friendly and talented team with a ‘can-do’, collaborative attitude
- Opportunities to work with external enterprise customers at Microsoft EBC, teams across Microsoft-wide and partners who are market leaders in big data technology and IT intelligence systems.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.