|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our technology blends the physical and digital world to unlock the next evolution in human, computer, and environment interaction and possibilities that before now were restricted to our imaginations. It is made possible by advancements in computer vision, graphical processing power, display technology, and input systems. To get there, we’re growing a team of talented engineers and artists to help us incorporate these groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more to create devices Mixed Reality devices (HoloLens, and Windows Mixed Reality Headsets), services, and experiences. We believe there must be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
In this role, you will lead the design and direction of Mixed Reality Services to enable developers to build AR and VR experiences that leverage our cloud capabilities.
Successful candidates will have strong program management experience including a proven ability to drive clarity & alignment of product execution and strategy, experience in working directly with customers and developer communities to build partnerships and solicit unbiased feedback, and a passion for design & engineering.
- Regularly meet with customers, understand their requirements, reason over data and drive insights into our internal development teams.
- Turn requirements into actionable product plans and road maps that drive clarity, urgency, and alignment.
- Selfhost your features by prototyping Mixed Reality experiences on the platform.
- Communicate internally with clarity and precision to drive alignment in small and broad teams.
- Report out to executive leaders on a periodic basis.
- Effectively collaborate, build relationships and influence team members to achieve product objectives.
- Evangelize Mixed Reality developer platforms at industry events.
- 6+ years of Program Management and/or Project Management experience.
- Customer Empathy: Experience in driving customer conversations to solicit unbiased feedback.
- Developer Empathy: Experience with developer platforms, API design, SDKs, 3D Development Unity, DirectX, Unreal.
- Experience building and prototyping iOS, Android, AR, VR applications.
- Experience working through a complete product cycle (from initial design through post-release maintenance).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Excellent design and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.