|Job Type:||Full Time|
Commercial Cloud is core to Microsoft’s growth and Azure is the foundation for Microsoft’s Commercial Cloud, delivering a hyper-scale, trusted, hybrid capabilities to more than of the Fortune 500, hundreds of start-ups and thousands of partners. As we take the next step to help companies digitally transform using Cloud + Edge technologies Azure is taking an Industry-first approach.
The Azure Global Commercial Industry Group is the heart of Azure’s Industry-first approach to digital transformation. We bring industry experience, customer, and partner requirements together with the breadth and depth of Azure capabilities to deliver Industry specific offerings and capabilities to help industries – and their ecosystems – compete and thrive. We aspire to innovate like start-ups and scale like Unicorns to ensure industry ecosystems remain diverse, inclusive and have access to cutting edge technology, solutions, and capabilities.
As we enter the next phase of our strategy we’re looking for someone to help drive Storytelling and Go To Market for the Media & Entertainment and Retail verticals. The ideal candidate balances creativity and tactical execution. They love to tell stories that make technical and business sense. They are equally interested in the art of the comma, audience perceptions, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, cloud + edge technologies and Data/AI. They like to listen, learn and understand how products and services from our group – and our partners – can help customers and they light up at the idea of using all of Microsoft to bring those products and services to market. If this sounds like you and meet you the required skills and experiences – and even better the preferred requirements below - we’d love to hear from you!
- Develop content and storytelling materialsthat showcase ourstrategy, products and services to customers,partnersand Microsoft internal audiences. Topics will span thought leadership to how to guides for cloud services.
- Work with the Retail and Media and Entertainment Product Teams to refine, build,documentand communicate the GTM plans for our services and products, inclusive of working across Microsoft and with external partners.
- Consultindustryengineering teams on Storytelling and GTM,i.e.how to articulate the business value to target audiences and refining internal and external content and communications.
Required Skills and Experiences(Preferred in Italics)
- 3-5 years ofGTM-focused Program Management, Product Management or Product Marketingin the high-techpreferably with media and entertainment, retail, cloud and/or AI technologies.
- 3-5 years of experience buildingproductcontent that tells a story & communicates technical and business information (howto’s, explainers, whitepapers, technical deployment guides)
- 3-5 years of experience supporting Microsoft partners in creative and business GTM execution (building content, enabling the sales and partnerchanneland developing sound business metrics/ROI’s/case for investment).
- Experience working across large corporate environments and leveraging/coordinating the corporate matrix andleveraging cross-company functions formaximum impact.
- BA or BS,MBA preferred
- Experience using agile, scrum or other project mythologies to track initiatives, work items and communicate them broadly.
- Practical examples of building – or putting into practice - lightweight systems to reduce human overhead and increase efficiency.
- Passion for strategy + execution, able to distill complexity into simplicity, comfortable with ambiguity but driven to create clarity and always focused on delivering results without roadkill
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.