|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
As the Quality Reliability and Engineering manager for both Oregon sites in our TE Medical business unit, you will:
- Lead a team of Quality Engineers for both sustaining and new product introduction.
- Ensure there is a strong quality organization in place to support the business and deliver global and local objectives.
- Ensures compliance with the quality management systems in all activities performed within the sites.
- Support integrations and Migration activities and timelines
- Supports audits from external regulatory agencies and Notified Bodies (US FDA, BSI/LRQA, etc.) and customers. Lead internal audits as needed.
- Ensures customer issues are professionally addressed in a timely manner and escalates critical issues as appropriate.
- Lead for NCMR process and ensures items closed in timely manner.
- Drives Quality Engineering teams to identify and drive actions that reduce the Cost of Poor Quality and redundant inspections.
- Develops a strong working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Quality lead in new product introductions to ensure quality is built into all products early in their life cycle. Reviews requirements and assigns resources to projects.
- Ensure effective and efficient process controls are implemented and maintained (inspection standards, plans, frequencies, and test methods).
- Leads and demonstrates expertise in the areas of QSR and applicable ISO standards within one’s own group, constantly promoting awareness of industry best practices and making appropriate decisions.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the site quality system and product quality while ensuring compliance with governing regulations and corporate policies and procedures.
- Make decisions related to product quality, including the disposition of non-conforming product.
- Utilize best-in-class problem-solving tools to drive robust and effective corrective and preventive actions through the CAPA system.
- Participates and leads in an active role in the execution of the site’s business & operational excellence (TEOA) Program. Challenges processes for lean efficiencies.
- Provide guidance to the business and oversight on execution in areas such as transfer qualification strategy, qualification of facility expansions/Cleanroom modifications etc.
Demonstrates Strong Leadership skills, including:
- Building an effective, diverse team and helping to drive strong engagement
- Coaching staff to perform effectively in their work and ensures the training is documented.
- Creating a strong team working environment with a focus on customer needs, compliance, product
- quality, and risk mitigation. Promoting quality in the organization and motivates others to a
- commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Developing talent by ensuring staff has strong development plans with regular feedback.
What your background should look like:
- Science or Engineering degree
- Six Sigma Green/Black belt an advantage
- Minimum of 7 years' experience working in quality
- Quality leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of ISO13485/US FDA QSRs is ideal
- People management experience is essential.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $12 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.