|Job Type:||Full Time|
TE Connectivity's Shipping & Receiving Teams perform a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties. They use computer systems for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting incoming and outgoing shipments. They follow shipping practices and procedures, transportation routing, schedules and requirements. The Shipping & Receiving Teams receive incoming materials and prepare materials for shipment. They process freight bills, packing sheets, and other documents. They also route merchandise to destinations.
- Loads and unloads trucks and interfaces with common carriers.
- Signs bill of ladings for incoming shipments and process IBL, packing lists for receipts from vendors using POLIS and WCS
- Checks incoming product against documentation to verify accuracy, sorts products and prepares it for putaway.
- Receive product into WCS using barcode scanners or CRT.
- Put product away in available space by proper area/zone using order pickers, turret trucks, pallet jacks and barcode scanners.
- Picks products for customer orders, manufacturing orders and sample requests using barcode scanners, pick tickets, shipping papers, order pickers, turret trucks and manual or electric pallet jack.
- Performs other put away and pick duties, such as bin location audits, unit load and carton transfers.
- Weigh or hand counts quantities needed to fill customer orders, manufacturing orders and sample requests.
- Performs packing function by reviewing WCS packing functions or ship sets to obtain packaging instructions.
- Performs special packaging, prints and applies special labeling as required by each customer. Understands and follows the 107 specifications
- Recognizes hazardous/flammable material and prepares for shipment per established procedures.
- Prepares cartons and pallet loads for shipment by attaching proper shipment documentation as well as carrier required documentation. Prepares unit load shipments with stretch wrap or banding.
- Generates manifests and bill of ladings for each shipment checking against actual carton count in staging area.
- Contacts common carriers to arrange pick up for shipments.
- Loads and unloads cartons to / from pallets, carts or conveyor by using forklift and manual or electric pallet jack.
- Manages recycling of wooden pallets and disposal of damaged pallets.
- Responsible for housekeeping and maintaining his/her work station clean.
- Performs any related warehouse duties as directed such as trash removal, cart distribution, etc.
- Understands, follows and participates in all safety, security and emergency procedures
- Submits suggestions to enhance performance through individual or team efforts.
- Determines if product is damaged and require QA audit or repacking.
- Presents any discrepancies to Shift Foreperson.
What your background should look like:
- High School/G.E.D. education and 1 year of relevant experience as determined by the Supervisor, DC Operations.