|Location:||Grass Valley, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
This position is responsible for assisting quality with Quality System support by assisting in management of CAPAs, RMAs, Management Review, audits, regulatory submissions and aiding in monitoring the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Assist Quality manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen, Lean methods, etc.
- Develop training to enhance quality awareness.
- Interface with Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products is in accordance with specified requirements.
- Knowledge of APQP including Control Plans, FMEA, PPAP, MSA.
- Perform Measurement, Test & Inspection of product at in Receiving Inspection, In-Process and Final test.
- Provide support to departmental Quality Inspectors as necessary to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Conduct QMS, process, and product audits in accordance with the site Internal audit requirements.
- Perform product & process failure root cause analysis and support the creation and implementation of appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Support return product analysis, MRB and complaint systems
- Assist the QA department regarding the timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventive actions.
- Quality System trending support.
- Assist in the development of quality plans, implement established methods for new and existing products for inspection and test procedures
- Represent the Quality Department in a variety of quality improvement areas such as the cost reduction projects, Material Review Board, and continuous improvement
What your background should look like:
- Must be U.S. citizen or green card holder
- Apply knowledge of QA Tools e.g. APQP, FMEA, GD&T, PPAP, and SPC
- Six Sigma Green Belt experience is plus
- Familiar with formal quality system assessments (i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 13485)
- Broad Knowledge of quality improvement methodologies and related statistical tools and techniques
- Capable of project management Utilizes a range of knowledge and experience to make informed judgments.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Good organization, verbal, writing and listening skills
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- This individual must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality.
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve processes and to drive product quality
- Good communicator and customer friendly. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Project & PPT)
- Up to 25% travel with possible international travel
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 4 year degree or Masters degree preferred
- 3-4 years experience
- ASQ Certification a plus