Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
As we continue to build out our detective platforms and capabilities, we’re looking for new team members to join us in guarding our enterprise as the last and ultimate line of defense. Ideal candidates for this position will possess strong skills and expertise in a combination of some of the following areas: big data platforms (Splunk, Hadoop, Elastic, etc.), common security technologies (SIEM, IDS, WAF, etc.), cloud security experience, knowledge of common security threats, attack vectors, vulnerabilities and exploits, knowledge of endpoint security principles, programming experience, and knowledge of forensic tools. A hybrid remote/on-site working arrangement is possible for this position.
What You’ll Do
- Engineer solutions in alignment with the Cybersecurity engineering roadmap, and maintain processes for the delivery of highly complex secure systems, cyber applications, technical projects, and regulatory and risk requirements.
- Facilitate process engineering, risk remediation, and mitigation of operational risk in a high-velocity culture by collaborating to introduce technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps, and systems design.
- Contribute to analyzing cyber technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators.
- Identify robust solutions and build resilient next-generation systems to solve business challenges and enhance the control environment.
How You’ll Do It
- Manage relationships with security partners and vendors.
- Ensure compliance with audit, regulatory, and legal requirements.
- Analyze, design, and develop security solutions with Cybersecurity architects to ensure they are consistent with corporate technology goals and risk tolerance levels.
- Provide direction to infrastructure, operations, data, and application developments groups throughout the transitioning phase, implementation in production, and beyond.
- Validate current- and future-state architectural models to assess impact across assigned Cybersecurity technology systems.
- Provide subject matter expertise for supported security technologies and during escalations.
- Oversee security requirements and technical specifications to guide project implementation toward successful solution delivery.
- Maintain knowledge of engineering next-gen designs, security trends, threats, and attack techniques.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with management, peers, project managers, and internal customers.
- Design and engineer solutions to align with the Cybersecurity strategy.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- High school diploma or GED
- 6+ years of experience in information security, security engineering, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Bachelor's degree in information security, information technology, or related field
- Hands-on experience with common security technologies (IDS, Firewall, SIEM, etc.)
- Strong skills and expertise in Big Data platforms (Splunk, Hadoop, Elastic, etc.)
- Familiarity with Behavioral Analytics platforms (UEBA)
- Knowledge of common networking services and protocols (TCP/IP, SSH, FTP, DNS, etc.)
- Programming and Scripting Experience (Python, Perl, PowerShell, Bash, etc.)
- Familiarity with integrating platforms and leveraging exposed API endpoints
- Experience with Regular Expressions
- Certifications: CISSP, GIAC, OSCP, CEH
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.