|Job Type:||Full Time|
TheModern Life and Learning Studiois looking for a strong Data Scientist to jointheourData Scienceteam to enable us to deeply understand and drive data-informed, high impact business decisionsacross our organization.
In this role,you’llbe joining a team hungry to learn, leverage and value your expertise to build our Data Science discipline into the rhythm of our BXT(Business, Experience, Technology)team structure.You will help shape and strengthenbusiness strategyforMicrosoft Whiteboard andhow technologycan change the future of workand learning.You will have the opportunity to work closelywith our product engineers and PMs helping to shape our business strategies in many of our products but especially in theinteractive documentsspace.
The successful candidate will have experience analyzing data from a wide range of datasets and across a breadth of technology platforms. They enjoychallengingprojects, have strong analytical andstorytellingskills, technicalaptitudeand a collaborative work style. We are looking for people who see challenges as opportunities, people who can look at complex problems and are able to provide actionable insights and informed decisions.
As asuccessfulData Scientist on theMLL Studio, youwill:
- Influence stakeholders to make product improvements that yield business value by effectively making compelling cases throughstory-telling, visualizations, and other influencing tools
- Prepare dataandusestatistics and machine learning to investigate problems with the goal of supporting the questions required to support the greatest business needs.
- Leverage excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clearanswer
- Use data hacking skills and knowledge in various analytical programming languages and frameworks:Data Bricks, Spark, SCOPE, R, Python
- Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysistechniques
- Use and promote data-exploration techniques to discover new or previously unaskedquestions
- Provide input to software engineering teams on new analytical capabilitiesneeded
- Train andtransfer knowledgeto several Software Engineers and Project Managers across the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantitative (Statistics,Econometrics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Data Science), or Applied Science (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, or Psychology) discipline or related field
- Experience with (Python or R), SQL and an object oriented language (C#, C/C++ etc.)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- MS, PhD, or Dedicated Data Science training
- Knowledge and experience in at least two of the following areas: data mining, machine learning, statistics, social network analysis,business/customer intelligence, data modeling, information retrieval, databases, data warehousing, OLAP, data processing (ETL)
- Ability to understand and translate business and product questions into analyticsprojects
- Ability to articulate vision, requirements, and benefits to business and engineeringpartners
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders, executives and subject matterexperts
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.