|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The HR Director is responsible for driving the people agenda (talent, organization and leadership) with business leaders in the Microsoft WEBXT group.
- Organizational Diagnostics - You partner and consult with peer HR disciplines on organizational diagnostics and lead the implementation of data-supported plans. You translate data into action, interpreting results of analyses provided by HRBI to identify trends/themes and providing recommendations about organizational strategies, goals and actions.
- Change Design and Orchestration - You lead change efforts, identifying the need for change and directing the implementation of and adaptation to new or changing structures, cultural change, or programs/processes for an organization. You evaluate internal and external business drivers, environmental factors, risks and benefits to foster change adoption, and collaborate to develop change management strategies and training materials.
- People Plan - You identify gaps in the current people plan, people programs and tools, and participate in the creation of the people plan for an assigned organization. You also lead the implementation of the holistic people plan (e.g., talent management, leadership effectiveness, diversity and inclusion, culture) for that organization.
- Leadership & Team Performance - You assess and interpret leadership effectiveness and performance data and provide insights, guidance and recommendations based on findings. You identify where change is needed and contribute to the development of interventions to improve leadership and team performance. You facilitate leadership capability planning for an organization, and execute on strategies and action plans to transform leaders and teams.
- Strategy Clarity & Alignment - You translate business strategies into people and organizational priorities, and lead the discussion with business leadership teams on the application and alignment of those priorities to achieve specific business goals. You identify gaps in the execution of business strategies and need for intervention to drive the clarity and effectiveness of strategy execution, and lead the implementation of interventions.
- People Management - You help employees identify growth opportunities, develop skills and build development plans. You drive the execution of projects. You establish and communicate performance expectations, identify and address gaps and monitor performance to ensure plans are met.
- 10+ years of work experience with human resources or related processes (e.g., hiring, training, performance management) involving applicable employment laws and policies
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 9+ years of work experience with human resources or related processes (e.g., hiring, training, performance management) involving applicable employment laws and policies.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Human Resources Professional Certification (e.g., PHR, SPHR, SHRM).
- 5+ years of experience with partnering with wide network of clients and across human resources to deliver effective business solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in people management.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.