|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Edge + Platform brings together Edge platforms, devices, and services to deliver Edge solutions, operating systems, and engineering systems. Driven by its customers’ needs, Azure Edge + Platform seeks to accelerate growth for Azure, E&D, and Microsoft’s customers worldwide.
The organization’s portfolio spans the Cloud Edge Stack, Azure Engineering Systems, Azure Media Services - for end-to-end media workflow and analytics - and Microsoft’s Operating Systems including the Azure Host OS and Windows. This portfolio impressively powers the world with more than one billion monthly active devices.
We are the Engineering Systems team that supports the high scale, high churn build system that is critical to the success of Azure Edge + Platform. The Core Operating Systems build system processes one of the largest codebases on the planet with thousands of developers depending on it every single day. Today this system is monolithic and based on custom build tools that were never intended for the scale at which they are used now as the codebase continues to grow year over year.
The Core Build team’s mission is to improve the health of the existing system while incrementally moving towards a decomposed system that is easier to scale and that leverages Azure and other solutions common with Microsoft’s One Engineering Systems group. Our team is looking for engineers that are excited to take on the challenge of understanding a complex system and working on forward looking solutions all the while ensuring this critical system that affects thousands of developers every day is always available. It is an incredibly hard task but what makes the team proud is knowing that every improvement we make impacts the daily experience of so many of our fellow developers.
- Partner with teams across the Engineering System to ensure the OS build system completes timely and reliably
- Help modernize the build system through efforts to componentize and leverage 1ES solutions
- Support Azure Edge + Platform developers to navigate the engineering systems that they use to do their work
- 3+ years of coding experience with C++, C#, Java or a similar language
- Excellent communication skills
- Scripting experience, particularly with PowerShell, Perl, and batch files
- Demonstrated skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment
- Commitment to quality and customer experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.