|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our high-growth search engine, Bing.
The Microsoft Advertising Global Operations team is the enabling arm of the entire MSA organization covering Field and Sales strategy; sales planning and execution; and managing the rhythm of the business (ROB). Our mission is to enable Advertising Sales around the world to maximize revenue & customer satisfaction. We work with global & local stakeholders at executive and Field levels to drive Field/Business Value. We rely on strong partnerships, are committed to excellence & innovation, and provide deep insights and actionable solutions.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Excellence & Strategy Manager to develop the strategic vision for and execute against MSA’s managed and unmanaged sales motions. This role will work to strengthen and scale demand for our business via partnerships within Sales Leadership, Global Sales Strategy as well as across the MSA LT, the Global Agency team, and partners across Microsoft. This role requires a strategic thinker and strong collaborator, with impeccable communication, planning and execution skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the development and execution of managed and unmanaged sales motion strategy to build and strengthen demand for MSA that includes short, medium, and long-term plans that enable MSA’s multi-year goals
- Support Account Executive (AE), Account Manager (AM), and Sales Manager readiness in market through direct coaching on engagement model effectiveness, and help them to self-serve what they need to solve requests outside of established scenarios and solutions
- Surface AE, AM, and Sales Manager feedback within Global Operations to ensure consistent balance of business need and client need
- Partner with Global Sales Excellence, AAIG, Search Business Team, Sales and other partners as needed to evolve and drive improvements to current managed and unmanaged sales processes
- Partner with Sales and Global Sales Excellence to deliver holistic view of how managed and unmanaged sales processes are performing (across client needs, business needs, HC model, quota distribution, etc.)
- Build and deploy the operating and engagement models to support the managed and unmanaged businesses, and contribute to the development of Role Excellence materials for AEs, AMs, and Sales Managers
- Design, document, influence the vision for what MSA will deliver to customers via sales motions and drive alignment across MSA LT
- Propose AE/AM/Sales Manager transformation strategies as needed to maintain alignment with MSA business goals
- Understand ties to Microsoft and Industry strategies
- Lead reviews with Sales and Global Operations Leadership as needed to discuss strategy design
- Proactively understand the challenges and impacts raised in the sales operating model generally and AE/AM/Sales Manager role execution specifically
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong communication skills in all areas of the business – from Senior Leadership through all Field partners – with high attention to clear and concise delivery
- Willingness to adapt quickly to shifting business priorities and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to function effectively in a highly matrixed work environment with strong cross-functional team collaboration skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing end-to-end process to support complex business problems
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned business professional with either analytics, sales, marketing, or operations experience who is passionate about helping organizations deliver great solutions to their clients
- BA/BS from an accredited college/university or at least 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Sales and/or client facing experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a similar function, ideally within digital advertising
- Digital Advertising experience preferred
- Search Advertising experience preferred
- Some travel may be required
- Professional experience working across functions to influence business strategy
- 3+ years of professional experience in sales or operations
- 1+ year of experience working in a solutions oriented environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.