|Location:||Bellevue, Washington, Issaquah, Washington, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Business Strategy and Planning team within the Customer Experience and Success (CE&S) org is looking for a talented Senior Business Strategy Manager. This team sets the course for Customer Experience and Success by defining the foundational business strategy and monetization models that drive customer experience and success and power revenue growth. This unique and rare leadership opportunity includes responsibility for monetization strategy and business planning for Microsoft support, a multi-billion-dollar business. You will have a critical and measurable impact in helping Microsoft win the market by redefining how Support is designed, monetized, transacted, delivered, and implemented across our customer solutions.
We seek a strategy manager who can structure complex problems, understand broad market trends, collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to identify strategic insights, and develop them into business strategies while delivering thought leadership around our business priorities. This is a high impact and visible role that will drive future strategy development and design across our business models, sales, delivery, and Go-to-Markets (GTMs). You will work closely with the extended team across Marketing, Sales HQ, Field sales, Business Groups, Engineering, Legal and Finance to understand competitive market dynamics, identify key emerging trends, and propose innovative ideas to maximize our strategic investments.
We need a bold and strategic leader, an outside-the-box thinker with a start-up attitude, and a thought leader to take this group and business to the next level. Already in place is a diverse and experienced team executing successfully against objectives, so integrating and taking the team to the next level is necessary for success.
Customer Experience & Success – enabling every company to be a digital business.
The Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) group at Microsoft is at the core of delivering a connected customer experience to our diverse set of customers across all products, segments, and geos. We are driven by our desire to create customer value by accelerating consumption and usage, while delivering an easy and connected end-to-end experience. We build trust through customer centricity and technical credibility, while maintaining a strong culture though our commitment to diversity & inclusion.
- Defining and structuring complex problems by disaggregating issues to identify key elements of a problem and developing prioritized work plan to address each element
- Analyzing key competitive trends and monetization strategies, identifying new revenue and share growth opportunities
- Analysis of business models and how they perform in the market as offers and programs
- Orchestrating impact analysis and recommendations across sales, marketing, delivery, legal, & finance
- Driving our overall business strategy and alignment partnering closely with teams across Marketing, Sales HQ, Field sales, Business Groups, Engineering, Legal and Finance, and Corp. Strategy
- Developing strong relationships, embracing cross-boundary collaboration to influence peers and senior executives across the company
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of:
- Business and strategy leadership with excellence in technology planning and marketing
- High degree of numeracy, highly developed quantitative and analytical skills
- Understanding of industry business metrics, financial analytics, and proficiency with financial calculations
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft technology, cloud computing, and support business models
- Attention to detail, self-discipline, and self-motivation
- Experience in a complex, fast paced business environment
- Sharp intellect, coupled with problem solving, judgment, decision making and strategic capabilities
- A minimum of 7 years of work experience in technology marketing, strategy, or business consulting.
- An advanced understanding of technology business models.
- Strong structured problem solving, analytics and modeling skills.
- BS/BA (required); MS / MBA strongly preferred
- Experience recruiting, managing, and growing a high performing team
- Willing to take on a big challenge with significant growth potential.
- Most importantly, you must have balanced skillsets spanning business and monetization strategy, pricing analytics, and program execution.
Location: The role is based in Issaquah and will require less than 5% global travel.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.