|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Mountain View, California, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join the Microsoft 365 team and lead product marketing for an exciting new area for Microsoft that focuses on the dynamic and fast-growing Employee Experience category.
Most leaders realize it’s their people that drive success and business results, but in hybrid work environments it’s harder than ever to connect and engage with employees, to drive culture change, to upskill workers, and to ensure the wellbeing of your teams. What was once an HR-only priority has shifted to be an imperative for every C-suite and business leader, and analysts are forecasting EX to grow substantially over the next 5 years to $200B in software, services, and infrastructure.
With Microsoft’s leadership in productivity, high engagement surfaces in Office and Microsoft Teams, data from the Microsoft Graph and a strong ecosystem of partners, we have a unique opportunity to bring together employee communications, knowledge, learning, well-being, and insights into an integrated employee experience to empower people and teams to be their best. Microsoft already has strong EX products today, including SharePoint, Glint, Yammer, Workplace Analytics, and Stream. Now we are investing in a new set of products and services that build on Microsoft 365, and that work seamlessly within Microsoft Teams
As the Senior Director for Product Marketing, you’ll be leading a team of product marketers for this new Employee Experience category, while also leading product marketing for our existing portfolio of employee experiences products including SharePoint, Yammer, Workplace Analytics and Stream. You’ll develop product positioning and growth strategies, presenting regularly to executive audiences, and representing Microsoft 365 with press, customers, and partners. You will partner closely with product engineering leadership to influence the direction of your portfolio of products, along with influencing future product and market strategies. You will also work closely with diverse teams within the Microsoft 365 marketing organization, including marketing, business planning, PR and AR teams.
- Team leadership. Coach high performing employees to achieve business goals and steward thoughtful career planning and development with employees. Create and nurture a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Business management and growth planning. Define business targets and growth strategies for your portfolio of products in conjunction with finance, business planning and engineering.
- Influence product strategy and roadmap. Partner with engineering to influence the product positioning, strategy and roadmap across Microsoft EX suite of products, including in-market products like SharePoint, Yammer, Workplace Analytics, and new innovations coming this year.
- Own messaging and product announcements. Partner with outbound product marketing and GTM teams, spanning advertising, events and announcements, in partnership with product development and design.
- Spokesperson. Represent Microsoft 365 and Employee Experience products with the press, customers, and partners, including presentations and demos at large events like Ignite.
- Guide your team to understand enterprise and consumer customer needs and craft marketing content and sales tools that resonate with Business Leaders, IT and end-users.
This role requires marketing skill, business acumen, and technical curiosity. Effective communication skills are vital, as you will present to senior executives and oversee the creation and execution of product launches and marketing campaigns. You’ll also serve as a spokesperson and subject matter expert with customers, partners, and the press. Deep understanding of product marketing and clear passion for new technologies is essential.
- 10+ years of end-to-end / diverse marketing experiences required including product development or industry marketing (retail, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, etc..).
- Successful track record of working collaboratively across a large organization and with senior executives
- Successful history of leading teams formally including developing team and individual capability.
- Multi-channel/tier marketing experience
Additional or preferred qualifications:
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven, problem-solving orientation with ability to leverage both quantitative and qualitative analyses to drive decision making
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- Exceptionally strong personal initiative, good business instincts, and comfort with ambiguity
- MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.