|Job Type:||Full Time|
Service Center Americas BPM Manager will manage and support the reactive portion of Microsoft Premier Support contracts for U.S. Public Sector Non-Federal customers, overseeing case health and progress of all severities across all technologies, developing relationships with customer stakeholders, and intelligence that can feed into other processes in support of the customer. Provide a world class reactive Customer support experience driving swift migration to impact. Identify proactive opportunities to reduce critical situations (CritSits) driving Customer/Service Health. This role will manage Incident Managers (IM) providing account coverage, identifying internal failings, and driving positive change.
BPM Manager is responsible for driving execution excellence of the Incident Managers to achieve healthy reactive case progression across all case severities, including managing Critical/Crisis Situations. BPM Manager works in concert with the Enterprise Services team and align resources to work directly with customer accounts / Technical Account Managers (TAMs). Some customizations may be required to help tailor the experience for each customer. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensures quality plans in place to drive growth
- Acts based on insights from execution
- Strives for excellence in project and process-based work, simplifying process without compromising outcomes
- Provides increased transparency and integration across group
- Coach/Mentor/support others to drive swift issue mitigation for our customers for active CritSits
- Lead engagement with Premier’s most complex, mission critical, or politically hot customer CritSits, driving ownership of issues through resolution, effectively communicating with CXX level stakeholders (internal and external)
- Collaborate effectively to solve internal/external customer issues improving processes to provide enhanced Customer experience. Customer obsession
- Identify and drive opportunities via Postmortems to remediate risk
- Build and sustain positive and effective partnerships with internal stakeholders
- Leverage Business Intelligence to support need for change and aide decisions making
- Partners with operations teams to ensure the effecting landing and adoption of change to roles, processes, tools, and reporting
- Execute on agreed operational management plan in concert with Program Management and Operations Engineering team
- Improve the overall effectiveness of the organization, participating in appropriate business initiatives
- Identify/develop innovative support process solutions to simplify and drive improvement and efficiency
- Focus on continuous learning
Attract, Develop & Retain Talent
- Attract/Lead/Manage/Inspire/Develop a team of Incident Managers.
- Recognizes team members´ strengths, aligned to capability needs, resulting in strong delivery results
- Facilitate an environment of inclusion that leverages diverse perspectives and talent, to better represent and understand our customers.
- Drive employee morale, engagement, and motivation through effective leadership
- Support direct reports in achieving their individual performance goals and career aspirations
Communication and Leadership
- Build strong relationships become a trusted advisor with internal/external stakeholders
- Exhibit confident leadership collaborating across multiple groups/organizations to meet desired outcomes
- Communicate timely and effectively to all key stakeholders
- Articulate the value of Microsoft Services portfolio to key stakeholders
- Effectively influence and lead actions through cross-group collaboration
- Identify and elevate systematic issues and process breakdown
- Proactively identify and champion process and tools improvement. Lead, collaborate, and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship
- 3+ years of management experience in a technical support, service delivery, and/or customer-oriented environment with a demonstrated ability to build/lead a team, including the ability to effectively influence without authority. Able to set goals and expectations
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Information Technology preferred), or equivalent experience
- US citizen located in the US and awareness of Public Sector Guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication (speaking) skills in English and written comprehension skills (Cxx Level)
- Passion and interest in enhancing the customer experience (customer obsession) with 3-5 years’ experience in direct customer interaction
- Problem solver. Ability to apply judgement in high pressure situations with minimal external guidance
- Strong cross-group collaborator, building/extending relationships
- Excellent at multi-tasking & task prioritization with exceptional organizational skills & strong attention to detail
- Understanding of reactive case lifecycle and troubleshooting methodology
- Action oriented with a demonstrated ability to drive issues to resolution
- Positive, energetic, & enthusiastic attitude
- Familiarity with Microsoft products, programs, policies and services
- Skilled use of the Microsoft Office Suite, e.g. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Customer obsessed with demonstrated strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including executive level
- Action-oriented, strong understanding of and ability to articulate customer’s sense of urgency
- Ability to work and build strong relationships with Enterprise Services management stakeholders
- Intermediate conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Highly analytical – ability to understand operational key indicators and trends and build reporting to “tell the story”.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with others. Recognizes different values and styles, and respects others' unique characteristics or strengths.
- Initiates collaboration with others; invites others to meetings and presentations to share information. Seeks support for collaborative activities from upper management.
- Acts confidently in uncertain circumstances; works effectively in ambiguous situations.
- Stands behind his or her decisions.
- Consciously develops influence strategies
- Anticipates the reactions of others
- Adapts a presentation or discussion to appeal to the interest of others
- Takes well thought-out action to achieve a specific impact.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact that his or her behavior and communications has on relationships with customers/peers
- ITIL and/or Microsoft Foundations certification
- Track record in successfully coordinating activities that involve cross-team of internal/external contacts
Location: Role will be based in Las Colinas, TX, with minimal travel required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.