|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you like to work on largescale highly available Cloud services?
Do you like to dive into system architectures and design, and find and solve problems in them?
Would you like to be a critical part in the growth of the Azure Cloud?
To support customers in a “Cloud First” world, Microsoft Azure continues to increase its Regional and Zonal footprint across the globe. Microsoft Azure continues delivering highly available cloud services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality in these new Azure Regions. And while we stay focused and committed to the Azure expansion mission, the Cloud opportunity continues to grow at an unprecedented rate in an extremely competitive space. It is thus paramount for Azure to get out there to Cloud customers, before others and with the highest quality, meeting demands and beating expectations, across all geographies.
Ours is a new, high impact, highly visible and fast paced team which is tasked to bolster Azure Buildout investments.
As part of this team, you will:
- Work with core Azure Service teams (like Compute, Networking, Storage, and others) to identify, co-develop and deliver solutions to overcome hurdles coming in the way of expanding to new regions or enabling new region designs.
- Build infrastructure and tooling for Azure Buildout acceleration and automation.
- Participate in design discussions of the overall service readiness for new region types and region architectures.
If you want to join a team with immense growth potential, and work in an agile environment and help set the direction in a highly strategic, impactful, and challenging charter of the cloud, then this is the place for you!
- Be creative, highly motivated, self-driven and accomplished Software Engineer with a minimum of 2 years of industry experience.
- Have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience.
- Have expertise in object-oriented programming using C#, Java, or C++.
- Be productive and effective when working in a highly collaborative and diverse environment.
- Have great problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence.
Skills that are a plus:
- Experience with designing, developing, and operating internet-scale services.
- Prior work experience with Azure and Cloud Services.
- Passion for debugging and optimizing code and automating routine tasks.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.