|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate aboutaccessibility andempowering people with disabilitiesthroughout the worldto achieve more? Do you love helping teams focus engineering efforts onwork that makesa direct impact?
The Office Experiences Organization is looking for an accessibility expertto helpbuildaccessibility intocultureacross the ExperiencesandDevices(E+D)organization.This includes responsibility for productsincludingTeams,SharePoint,Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, Intune,Cortana,Edge,and Windows.Our teammanages acore set of accessibility resourcesto help drive accessibility compliance,consultations,and guidancewithengineering partners.Weprovide direct feedback to teams about how theycanmakeuserexperiences and products more usable for people with disabilities.
In this role,youwilldevelop and maintain a unified plan, compliance process,and communications framework for all accessibility activitiesused byteams across the organization.From frontline engineers, PMs, designersto Vice Presidents, you willwork to alignpriorities. The role requiresconfidence toadvocatefor people with disabilities,a grounded understanding of engineeringpriorities,outstanding leadershipskills,andclearcommunication skills.
We are looking for a passionate leaderandstorytellerwith a proven track record of product design, engineering, and development whowantstohelp Microsoft buildefficientuser experiencesfor people with disabilities. As a member of the E+D organization, youwillembrace a growth mindsetwithin acollaborativeteamculture.Your work withM365(Windows and Office)engineering partnerswill enable them tocreate world-class accessible products and servicestoadapt and evolvetomeetanever-changingregulatory landscape.
- Develop and execute strategic plans tocreateworld-class accessible products acrossM365.
- Manageextensive third-party supplierrelationshipstoscaleaccessibility testingservicesacrosshundreds ofM365teams.
- Partner with design teams acrossM365tohelp them practice inclusive design andinclude accessibility requirements in design specs.
- Work withlegal to provide teams with guidance about standards,requirements,and legal risk.
- Evolve our business intelligence platform to use dataandhelptoidentify opportunitiesthatmakeuserexperiences more accessible.
- Facilitate conversationswithaccessibilityleadersacross government, education,andlarge enterprisesaboutbest practices.Gatherand prioritizefeedbackforengineering teams.
- Work closely with industryassistive technologyleaders to support Microsoft products.
- Customer obsession, and a passion for accessibility.
- Exceptional communication skills withtheability to adapt andmessagecommunication for different audiences.
- Growth mindset and collaborative workstyle.
- The abilityto understand business priorities and strategies when it comes to the training and education of accessibility policies and standards to enable compliance.
- The abilityto develop quality measures and metricsthatdrive product decisions.
- Thecapacitytothrive with ambiguity and successfully executeinitiativesacross a complex, highlymatrixed environment.
- Accessibility Trusted Tester certification highly desired
- 3+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas or combination thereof: Accessibility or Inclusive Design
- 5+yearsof proven engineering Program Management,Software Development, Software Development Management, or equivalent.
- BA/BS or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.