|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work in a fun and challenging area with passionate and creative people who are dedicated to improving the resiliency of Microsoft mission critical hardware and software products and services? Do you want to make company-wide impact through a role that provides incredible opportunities for learning and visibility? If so, the Windows + Devices + Gaming (WDG) Governance, Risk, & Compliance (GRC) team in the Experiences + Devices organization is looking for an accomplished Senior Program Manager. The WDG GRC team covers Windows Update, Xbox Live, Microsoft Game Studios, Surface and more, and we are looking for a Sr. PM to help drive Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and Service Resilience initiatives to enable Microsoft to deliver the most trusted and reliable products and platforms.
As a key member of our team, you will be responsible for working with a team of professionals focused on delivering a repeatable and scalable BCDR program and pushing the boundary of “Resiliency by Default”. This position requires the ability to navigate across the Enterprise with coordination at all levels, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to formulate issues and recommendations clearly. This role, with a focus on hardware and software products and services, is critical to ensuring that business-aligned tactics are in place to support delivery of our company-wide goals and objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Bridge the gap between identifying reliability and operational risks across WDG and deployment of scalable, secure, and resilient mitigation strategies.
- Sustain and improve the WDG BCDR and risk management frameworks for identifying, mitigating, and controlling risks across the engineering group to promote consistency, efficiency, and reliability.
- Perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to drive risk and resilient solutions in accordance with existing standard operating procedures and methodologies.
- Increase WDG Leadership Team awareness of reliability risks and enable mitigation decisions on resiliency and resourcing investments.
- Drive an ROB and push resiliency practices earlier in the development lifecycle through the development of a “Resilient by Default” program.
- Interact with various levels of engineering, marketing, legal, finance, and management to ensure accurate information is gathered, analyzed, and reported to drive risk-based decision making and deployment of resilient mitigation strategies.
- Understand how to turn raw data into useful, actionable information and provide dashboards, reports, and communications effectively to multiple audiences at various levels across the organization using PowerBI or similar technology.
- 5+ year’s technical program and/or project management or software development experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher OR 7+ year’s technical program and/or project management or software development experience
- Proven interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in Business Continuity Management; fundamentals to include concepts, standards, and control frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to own and drive programs and initiatives by working through ambiguity.
- Proven experience using Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding Service Resiliency frameworks.
- Proven track record of delivering results on time, to budget and on spec.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively and effectively with senior leaders and teams across organizational boundaries.
- Experience influencing others without authority.
- Previous experience in business continuity, enterprise risk management, internal audit, or compliance.
- Capability to develop data models and the ability to create reports using Power BI and/or SQL
- Proven operational experience in online services and business-related background.
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops/Visual Studio
- Experience with Online Services Support or Architecture, and/or Software Engineering
- Candidates who are certified or qualified for certification: CISSP, MBCP, CBCP (DRI International); MBCI, FBCI (Business Continuity Institute); PMP (PMI)
This position is based at Microsoft’s corporate headquarters in Redmond, Washington.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.