|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are the Azure Application Platform (AppPlat) team. We deliver industry-leading cloud services that empower developers across the globe to build, ship, and manage applications with the fastest code-to-cloud experience on the market, tying together Visual Studio,Power Platform,GitHub, and Azure. Our goal is to provide developersandoperations teamswith the most advanced and productive application platform on the market, underpinned by Azure’ssecureglobal datacenters, and integrated across Microsoft’s enterprise portfolio.
The Azure AppPlat team is forming an Office of Growth and Business Management. We are looking for a Principal Program Manager to manage this effort, reporting to the Director of Product and serving as a member of theAppPlatLeadership Team (LT).
The Principal PM Manager, Growth and Business Management will be responsible for business intelligence, business management and business operations and serve as a trusted advisor to the Director ofAppPlatand theAppPlatLT. This is a people management role that emphasizes cross-organization collaboration at all levels.
- Drive the selection of AppPlat’s objectives and key results; create and maintain reports to track the team’s key performance indicators and related performance metrics
- Direct the execution of AppPlat’s business strategy; lead the team’s partnerships with business planning, marketing and finance
- Partner with internal teams to better understand and evaluate performance including market penetration, pipeline, revenue, margin, retention and other relatedmetrics
- Lead theAppPlatfield enablement strategyin partnership with the sales team unit and customer successunit
- Lead AppPlat’s data and analytics investments, promote a culture a data driven decision making and collaborate on this mission across Microsoft
- Organize business operations through continued analysis ofcurrent processes, organizational health, hiring, team culture, rhythm of business, andmore
- Lead special projects on behalf of the Director of Product for AzureAppPlat
- 12+ years of professional experience in project management, business management or finance
- Effective at driving complex multi-stakeholder processes and cross-teamprograms
- Ability to build effective relationships, influence and collaborate at all organizationallevels
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for a global audience
- Strong business acumen, analytical and detail oriented
- Experience managing teams in the software developmentspace
- Familiarity with technology like Azure DevOps, Azure Data Explorer and Power BI
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, MBApreferred
If you are interested in a leadership position that pushes the boundaries ofdeveloper servicesin public cloud, join us as a Principal PM Manageron the Azure Application Platform team.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.