|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about enabling businesses to leverage cloud computing in a simple and easy manner? Do you love solving deep technical problems with tough business requirements and direct customer impact? Do you want to design and build a highly scalable, and available platform worldwide? If you answered yes, then the AzureComputeteammay have a position for you.
Customers are getting sophisticated and increasingly looking for waysto trust as little as possiblewhen it comes to running their workloads in thecloud. Azure Confidential Computing (ACC) (https://aka.ms/azurecc)offers a collection of features and services that offer a protection that to date has been missing from public clouds: encryption of ‘data in use’.We are a team that is in startupmode andare growing fast so if being there ‘at the beginning’ is something that appeals to you, this is the right place to be.
We are looking for an experienced and exceptionalProgram Manager Leadto set the vision and drive theACC infrastructure team. In this role, you will be the customer voice and work directly with engineering, marketing and partners to help conceive, define and build products, which delight customers. You will drive the product strategy, feature roadmap, market positioning and GTM for some of the most radical ideas in the industry.Most importantly, you will be leading a team of passionateprogram managers.
The Microsoft Azure Compute team builds the core infrastructure and APIs that power the Microsoft Azure platform.The team owns the compute cluster management of 1000s of physical host servers, 100,000s of virtual machines, REST interfaces to deploy and manage virtual machines, and the developer and IT Pro experiences for Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines.
- Set the vision and driveexperimentation/executionof radical ideas on Azure.
- Build and grow a strong team of program managers.
- Develop a deep understanding of how customers usethe cloud/infrastructure services to architect their applications.
- Manage a complex and ambiguous project, with executive visibility and many critical dependencies.
- Work with top engineers across the division to translate the overall availability model into releases packed with customer value.
- Drive the designs that determine the quality of service to our customers, and that will becomethecompetitive benchmark for the cloud industry.
- Leverage market and business insights to direct investments to build the core Azure Compute business.
- 8+ years of industry experience in Program Management, Product Management, Business Management, Business Development, Consulting, Product Planning, Architecture, or other relevantfield.
- Experience in security, distributed systems, virtualization and cloud technologies
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience in hardware and hardware securityaplus.
- Both technically adept and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization, from engineers to executives.
- Strongproductfocus with an ability to be strategic, but also drive tactics and execution as needed.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills.
- BA/BS in computer science, compute engineering or relevant industry experience. Advanced technical degree or MBA a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.