|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure is the one of the fastest-growing businesses in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s mobile-first, cloud-first vision. Azure differentiates itself as the only hyper-scale, enterprise-grade cloud that has a true hybrid story, as well as being the most secure. Customers and analysts recognize Azure’s tremendous momentum which continues month over month.
The Azure Silicon and Electronics Industry team is responsible for driving end-to-end innovation across product, business models, customer, and partner engagement, to make Azure the most compelling cloud solution for developing, launching, and servicing semiconductor and electronics products for both commercial as well as US Government sectors.
As a Principal Technical Program Manager, you will define and drive initiatives to accelerate, secure, and optimize the silicon design and manufacturing process, leveraging Cloud and AI/ML (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning). You will work across the company, the semiconductor industry and the US Government microelectronics ecosystem. You will utilize your industry subject matter expertise in product development and program leadership, to navigate through the entire program lifecycle, defining the product vision, gathering, and prioritizing requirements, and building consensus across all the external and internal stakeholders including engineering team, product managers, product marketing as well as finance and legal as applicable, which identifying risks and overcoming obstacles along the way.
This opportunity is well-suited for a seasoned Technical Program Manager who loves solving complex technical and business problems and working collaboratively across a global organization. This position will require an in-depth and hands-on approach to problem solving. You should also be comfortable interacting with senior executives across the program partners articulating status, dependencies and navigating discussions towards impactful decisions.
- 10+ years of experience in program/product management and/or product development in any of silicon design and manufacturing, EDA (Electronic Design Automation), US Government agencies, or Defense industrial base.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with passion for cloud-scale services.
- Proven ability to drive enterprise scale programs through entire life cycle, working with internal stakeholders and external corporate partners.
- Experience with customer-driven engineering, unpacking customer/developer needs into system requirements and design specifications.
- Ability to clearly identify and articulate project status, complex blockers, and outstanding actions to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in creating an environment that fosters delivering results through collaboration in cross-organization projects with sense of personal ownership and accountability.
- Previous experience in leading cross-functional or cross-organizational programs or campaigns involving US Government and Defense Industrial Base customers
- Previous experience in Cloud-scale (e.g. Microsoft Azure) services, leading cross functional programs from concept to production
- Previous experience in automation frameworks and Software development lifecycle.
- Previous experience in EDA / CAE tools setup, orchestration and management within on-prem or hybrid cloud environment.
US Citizenship is required. US government clearance preferred or must be willing and able to go through the clearance process.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country