|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for large scale content distribution systems? Do you ever wonder how much more the Internet can scale? Are you intrigued by peer-to-peer technologies?
The Windows & Devices Connected Services and Experiences (CSX) team works on innovative digital distribution technology that allows Microsoft to march forward in a cloud enabled era while delivering digital goodness to its end users.
Our products empower millions of users in every country of the world to keep their devices secure and up-to-date, acquire the latest Store apps, and get the latest Xbox games. Our cloud services reach over a billion devices, serving terabits of information every second, and we utilize petabytes of telemetry data from our clients to learn and evolve our customers experience.
Customers at home and in the Enterprise are looking to us to ensure a fast and reliable download experience. Now more than ever, they count on us to make sure that this cloud first world is scalable, robust, and bandwidth efficient in delivering a best-in-class content delivery experience.
The Delivery team is looking for a passionate and motivated tech savvy Program Manager to join our growing team and help shape the future of critical and highly visible set of products and services at Microsoft.
To be successful in this role you need to:
- Dig deep into technologies and become a subject matter expert
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent cross-organizational, project management skills
- Thrive in a fast paced, evolving and ambiguous environment
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the product, the customer needs and the opportunities to evolve the product
- Working closely with the engineering teams through the development lifecycle driving a successful release of new features from inception, partnering with the engineering teams to identify, prioritize and resolve issues
- As part of a data-driven organization, you will need to be crisp about what we want to achieve, what measurements will allow us to assess our achievements, and drive collection and reporting of that data to improve the product
- Build a product roadmap and clearly articulate the benefits and needs internally to teams across engineering and marketing as well as externally with key customers to gain product feedback and drive product adoption
- Contribute to the technical documentation of our products, write blogs, white papers and troubleshooting guides
Skills & Qualification
- Deep customer empathy, including ability to understand end-to-end scenarios and success measures
- Great organizational, analytical, data science skills and intuition
- A solid grasp of large scale services, data management and reporting
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to learn new areas quickly
- Strong project management experience
- Prior experience working with Networking / distributed systems or large-scale service is desired
- A BS degree in Computer Science or related technical experience is required.
- 2+ years of experience in engineering of software product or software service teams
- 2+ years of experience in program management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.