|Job Type:||Full Time|
Howpeople collaborate and get work doneisevolving faster than ever andMicrosoftis at the forefront of makingthe experienceeasier,moreintuitive,andmore productivefor millions of enterprise software customers.
We’re on a journey—reimagining the tools people useevery dayandcreatinga platform that allows developers to do the same. If your creative energy is ignited when you think abouthowintelligent data,harnessing the power of Microsoft Graph,improvesproduct experiencesthen this is the place for you.
OurMetaDesignStudio, in the Experiences and Devices (E+D) organization, plays an instrumental role in tackling company-wide design initiatives. From scaling the Fluent Design System to challenging and rethinking what a modern Microsoft 365 and Office experience looks and feels like, there’s amazing and forward-thinking work happeninghere.
You’ll be afantasticfit if:you extract opportunity from abstract ideas, frame complex problem spaces with clarity, and openly collaborate and partner with diverse and creative minds, and favor hands-onprototyping.
Come play with us.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio demonstrating your design process, UX flows, interaction patterns and visual design skills in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfoliocannotbe considered.
- Deliver world-class interaction designs from initial concept through finished product
- Create and assess design solutions based on user research, user goals, and business requirements
- Solve complex design problems in simple and intuitive ways that blend together brand personality, visuals, motion, and sound to create delightful experiences
- Produce design visualizations tosupport understanding and analysis of user value and experiences: storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces
- Work closely and constructively with product management, visual and interaction designers, editors, engineers, and user researchers to iterate and deliver flawlessly
- Advocate for design solutions byframing and evaluatingthem in context of business and user goals
Pre-requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A portfolio demonstrating well thought through and polished end-to-end customer journeys
- 5+ years of industry experience in interactive design and/or visual design
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Awarenessof trends in interaction;mobile, communications, and collaboration
- Ability to create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, and other communication artifacts
- The ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately and prioritize tasks and goals independently
- History of impacting shipping products with your work
- A Bachelor’sdegree in Design (or related field) or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency incurrent industrystandarddesign tools,such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Designing user experiences for enterprise software / services
- Developing and working with design systems- creating, documenting andapplying established design principles and interaction patterns
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.