|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you ready to take Office—a product used by 100s of millions of people every single day, and one of the most well-known and beloved brands in the world—to the next level? We’re on a mission to help our customers get their best work done by providing new, innovative, and best-in-class productivity experiences across platforms.
If you’re passionate about solving real problems for customers, relish innovation, want to impact the world, and care about the people you work with... then you’ve found the right place!
OurMetaDesignStudio, in the Experiences and Devices (E+D) organization, plays an instrumental role in tackling company-wide design initiatives. From scaling the Fluent Design System to challenging and rethinking what a modern Microsoft 365 and Office experience looks and feels like, there’s amazing and forward-thinking work happening here.
You demonstrate senior design thinking and love to work across complex and challenging spaces. Being hands on, you will support and design breakthrough experiences that impact how millions of people use our products and services.
Comeplay with us.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio demonstrating your design process, UX flows, interaction patterns and visual design skills in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio cannot be considered.
- Deliver world-class interaction designs from initial concept through finished product
- Create and assess design solutions based on user research input, user goals, and businessrequirements
- Solve complex design problems in simple and intuitive ways thatblend togetherbrand personality, visuals, motion, and sound to create delightful experiences.
- Produce design visualizations to help everyone understand what the best experience should be: storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces.
- Workclosely and constructively with product management, visual and interaction designers, editors, engineers, and user researchers toiterateand deliver flawlessly.
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them incontextof business and user goals.
Pre-requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A portfolio demonstrating well thought through and polished end to end customerjourneys
- 5+ years of industry experience in interactive design and / or visual design
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Aware of trends in mobile, communications, and collaboration
- Ability to create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, and other communicationartifacts
- The ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately and prioritize tasks and goalsindependently
- History of impacting shipping products with your work
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Design (or related field) or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Designing user experiences for enterprise software / services
- Creating and applying established design principles and interaction patterns
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.