|Job Type:||Full Time|
How people collaborate and get work done is evolving faster than ever andMicrosoftis at the forefront of making the experienceeasier,moreintuitive,andmore productivefor millions of enterprise software customers.
We’re on a journey—reimagining the tools people use every dayandcreatinga platform that allows developers to do the same. If your creative energy is ignited when you think about how intelligent data,harnessing the power of Microsoft Graph, improves product experiencesthen this is the place for you.
OurMetaDesignStudio, in the Experiences and Devices (E+D) organization, plays an instrumental role in tackling company-wide design initiatives. From scaling the Fluent Design System to challenging and rethinking what a modern Microsoft 365 and Office experience looks and feels like, there’s amazing and forward-thinking work happening here.
We’re seeking a passionate, creative, self-starting, get-it-done UX Engineerwho loves prototyping. You will work side-by-side with world class Designers and Software Engineers to help preserve design integrity throughout the product development lifecycle.
We’re looking for a results-oriented collaborator who is a nimble engineer with keen design sensibilities. You have experience interpreting designs into fully functional interactiveexperiences, anddo the job quickly and efficiently. You work in and with newtechnologies, andcan quickly and smoothly learn to use new tools. You must “get” designers and have a clear understanding of the design process—interaction design, usability, visual design, and motion graphics—and demonstrate an ability to merge this with established development processes.
Come play with us.
- Develop UI for new features, add fit & finish to existing features,and refinecomplexprototypes
- Manage your work to meet tight deadlines and ensure consistentquality
- Coordinate with UX and Engineering teams to ensure interaction and visual designs are implemented according to design specs and motioncomps
- Communicate clearly and effectively with project teams in all stages of design anddevelopment
- 5+ years of industry experience inUX engineering
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond positively to changingrequirements
- Strong coding, debugging, algorithm design and problem-solvingskills
- Ability to manage yourself and others to meetdeadlines
- Ability to identify problems or inefficiencies, propose solutions, & drive demonstrableimprovements
- Expert-level skillset in HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience with vanilla and modern JS technologies (node,npm/yarn, webpack, gulp, TypeScript)
- Familiarity with software engineering patterns & practices
- Awarenessof trends in interaction; mobile, communications, and collaboration
- Experiences with Framer and Figma
- Experience writing mobile applications for iOSand/orAndroid
- Willingness to learn new technologies ifneeded
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.