|Job Type:||Full Time|
This highly visible role will have you working closely with other disciplines including, software engineers, program managers, partners, business groups, and data center engineering teams. You will need an excellent combination of relevant technological knowledge, cross-group collaboration skills, communication and negotiation skills, relationship-building skills, and planning skills. You will also need a sense of urgency to get things done efficiently-working both independently and as part of a team. You understand the need for implementing and following processes across the service ecosystem.
Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference? Are you willing to learn from others and open to new ideas? Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a highly-collaborative and global environment? If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job. Read on to learn more about opportunities and apply online!
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Services Engineering intern roles including the ones described below, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered for an internship position, you need to be enrolled full-time as a student majoring in an applicable field.
- As a Service engineer you will be responsible for planning, documenting processes, developing specs, and providing status updates on all release-to-web activities.
- Plan, design and drive operability requirements, standards, processes, and practices.
- Release and deploy: deploy and run services in production.
- Operate (and optimize): ensure data delivery and customer satisfaction with an eye on improving operational practices and procedures.
- Use automation tooling and scripting languages to ensure reductions in manual toil.
- Ensure service reliability, service resilience, and service through data and administered through automation.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science field with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship.
- Extensive programming experience in one or more of the following: C/C++, C#, Java, Python, PowerShell, Perl, Batch, HTML, Win32.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Large scale systems design experience with knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Knowledge of database design and SQL, TCP/IP, and network programming is a plus.
- Research experience in algorithms, architecture, database, data mining, distributed systems, machine learning, networking, or systems preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.