|Job Type:||Full Time|
Does thinking at hyperscale excite you? Do youhave a passion for understanding customer workloadsanddriving the productofferingsof the nextfamilies of Azure virtualmachines?Do you like working in a fast-paced organizationdriving accelerated Azure growth?As Microsoft’s cloud platform, Azure iscontinuing its substantial growthand the AzureComputeVM SizesandHardware team is delivering the platform that willempowerthatgrowth!
The Azure Compute Workloads and VM Sizes Program Management teamis seeking an experienced Program manager to lead itsGeneral Purpose VM Sizes product and programs team.
The ideal candidate will love taking onmultiplebig challenges and working to align diverse teams to a common outcome that focuses on creating value for customers. This person will have an infectious and relentless pursuit of growth and improvement both for themselves as well as their solutions.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Manage and mentor a team of highly-skill Program Managers toenvision and deliver an evolving portfolio of computeinstances.
- Understand customer workload needs,identify emergingmarkets,definetheVM familyproductroadmapand communicate the strategy to leaders and partners.
- Partner withComputeEngineering,Hardware Planners,Cloud Supply Chain & Provisioning,Business Planning, Finance, ProductMarketing,and otherstakeholders todeliver and grow the VM family as we evolvethehardware fleet toimprove quality,efficiency,and agility.
- Engage directly with topcustomers toinnovatenew platforms andVMofferingstohost their workloadswith industry-leading price/performance.
- Work withsuppliers to drive Microsoft’s requirements into the hardware engineering roadmap.
- Utilize strong data-driven and project management methodologiesto monitor the delivery, quality and efficiency of new offerings, anddeliverhighly effective, predictable and repeatable processeswith continual improvement.
- 10+ years of Program Managementexperience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering orrelated experience
- US Citizenship
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude for managing,mentoring,and developingothers.
- Passionfor understanding customerworkloadsandhow theyperform on hardware and infrastructure.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and negotiating skills.
- Strongunderstandingof,andexperiencein,onboardingor enabling hardwaresystemswith ever-improving quality.
- Abilitytobuild relationships with, and influence,externalcustomersand suppliers.
- Provenability to prioritize, plan, and track large scale programs
- Demonstrated trackrecord of self-directed execution even when faced with ambiguity.
- Ability to learn from setbacks andincorporatefeedback with a growth mindset.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloudplatforms and solutionsrecommended.
- Experience with the design and operation of virtual machinesrecommended.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.