|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Senior developer who enjoys writing native and managed code on a system that not only stores EiBs of data, it churns EiBs of data weekly.
We have a very large physical and virtual footprint, and strategic importance for the company. Most Microsoft products and services have a dependency on our platform for data mining.
We have our own programming language, the compiler for it, type system, runtime APIs and libraries, as well as the distributed job coordinator.
Work includes development of foundational algorithms (distributed sort, distributed hashes, etc), and improvements to our programming language and type system. This includes code generation and compiler backends. Code is mostly C++ and C#, but also Java and Python.
Besides the technical expertise, candidates must care about their peers, be invested on their success via collaboration, and be data driven. You should care about customers, their well-being and success. The team is very senior, and offers plenty of opportunity for growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics, and 3+ years of industry software engineering experience
- 3+ years of programming experience in C++ AND one of the following: C#, Java, Python.
- Experience with compilers or kernel/system level programming.
- Experience with both algorithm analysis and performance improvements. The code you will write is extremely sensitive to performance.
- Strong distributed systems and software architecture skills
- Willingness to learn new programming languages
- Experience with one or more of the the following: Distributed Systems, Big Data, Hadoop, Map-Reduce, Compilers, Optimization, Algorithm Optimization
Cloud Background Screening Requirement:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.