|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Delivery Optimization technology connect billions of devices every day, providing a reliable and faster content acquisition of updates, games, enterprises content, and store content. A synergistic combination of client and cloud services enable per device, smart peer selection, which optimizes for network location, connectivity, virtual groups, and geography.
The Delivery Optimization team develops cutting edge solutions to increase download reliability and speed, while reducing enterprise content acquisition cost. Our solution keeps clients up to date whether they are part of a massive enterprise, or an isolated oil rig at sea. Our cloud services have worldwide presence, serving billions of peer matching requests daily. We have integrated our peer-to-peer ecosystem with Windows Update, Microsoft Office, Xbox, Microsoft Intune, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), bringing our technology to nearly all of Microsoft’s content.
As our team continues in our pursuit, we are looking for engineers who want to join us continue to improve Microsoft’s Delivery Optimization content delivery. If you're interested in tackling challenging engineering problems in a fun, fast-paced environment, we'd love to hear from you
- Design, build and manage features for highly scalable services.
- Create feature specifications in co-ordination with your feature team.
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems; assess design and code changes to drive improvements.
- Improve service engineering excellence.
- Improve transparency and monitorability of services.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other technical/engineering/science degree OR 7+ years cumulative software development experience
- 5+ years cumulative software development experience
- 2+ years’ experience with .Net, C#, WebAPI, Azure, and/or No-SQL technologies
- Expertise in one of the core technical areas - networking, distributed systems, cloud technologies and tools
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, design and coding skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong cross-team collaboration and organizational skills
- Prior experience of building a large-scale online service is a plus and will be given special consideration.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.