Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Project Manager- Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies to join our team specializing in either Galesburg.
Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies is a joint venture between Eaton and Cummins, Inc. producing industry-leading medium- and heavy-duty automated transmission products to OEM customers around the globe. Our business thrives with talent from diverse skillsets and backgrounds. Grow your career by joining this exceptional collaboration opportunity that embraces innovative thinking, compelling creativity, and customer-focus.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Manages, develops, and implements project(s) of varying complexity and size in assigned functional area. Partners with business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
- Plans and monitors project budget conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
- Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions.
- Documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
- Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
University, or equivalent degree required.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, required. Experience with leading teams and executing projects on time (5-10 years).
- Lead global cross functional teams on multiple projects to support ECJV portfolio execution; owning project scope, cost and overall timing.
- Owner of project cost books including tracking changes, identifying changes, identifying and pursuing cost out opportunities, and communicating status.
- Managing and resolve risks that come up on a daily basis and looking into the future to mitigate future risks to projects; ability to find quick resolution. Communicate to all levels of the organization on program status.
- Manage multi-million dollar budget including engineering expense and capital. Skills and Requirements: Proficient in Microsoft Project; Preferred PMP certified.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Cummins has been made aware that there are a number of scams that take advantage of job seekers in a variety of ways. Depending on the scam, scammers look to collect confidential information to use for identity theft or try to get money from job seekers during the recruitment process. Cummins will never ask for money during the application, recruitment, or on-boarding process. To learn more about the most common job scams, tips on how to avoid being scammed and federal reporting procedures, please visit consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams.