|Job Type:||Full Time|
Responsible for driving two forms of change throughout the organization: define and implement an industry leading product data model for the organization that affords TE product data stakeholders the ability to catalogue, search and reuse product data and strategic coordination of teams to proactively and iteratively create an enterprise taxonomy enabled for reuse with various internal and external customer channels.
- Manage a team of taxonomists, and product data analysts, who develop taxonomy structures to organize TE’s extensive product selection for engineering customers.
- Expand, and refine, data retrieval techniques for our extensive product catalog and ensure products end up in the right place for our customers.
- Coordinate cross-functional projects with a broad range of product managers, engineers, marketers, and other stakeholders.
- Build out, and manage, the long-term strategy for all customer facing taxonomies on TE.com.
- Create categorization rules for new taxonomy terms, as well as, maintains, and improves, classification rules for existing terms.
- Generate analytical reports on categorization, search, and related user behavior.
- Provide stakeholder guidance on taxonomy. and findability, as well as, explains decisions made by the Taxonomy team.
- Research, and explore, innovations, and best practices, within the taxonomy discipline. Recommends, and leads, implementation of improvements.
- Participate in key meetings with stakeholders including requirement sessions, user acceptance testing, and end user training.
- Proven experience guiding, coaching, and mentoring, a global team.
- Can balance diving deep enough to support the Taxonomy team’s day-to-day needs while also thinking big enough to raise the bar.
What your background should look like:
- Master’s degree in library science, knowledge management, linguistics, information science or a related field.
- 5+ years experience leading a team in a taxonomy, or product data management, development practice, and function, in an e-commerce, or B2B, environment.
- 8+ years experience in hands-on taxonomy development.
- Experience with complex, broad and deep product data catalogs.
- Proven leadership skills and teamwork skills.
- Understanding of taxonomy best practices and standards.
- Experience with global engineering, and manufacturing, industries.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills and experience managing complex roadmaps
- Proven ability to work and deliver effectively in customer-focused, cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear, and concise, manner to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and calm under pressure.
Other Desired Qualifications Include:
- Experience with Hybris product content management software and Synaptica taxonomy management tools.
- Experience managing a catalog for a large website.
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing.
- Experience preparing business, or technical, documentation.