Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services (DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director of Rewards and Product Strategy will oversee the vision, roadmap, budget, delivery, and operation of Discover's Rewards applications and platforms; and work closely with the value streams to deliver on the product strategy for each card type. They will be responsible for defining and delivering a rewards and card product technology strategy that enables all DFS business lines to achieve aggressive growth goals. In addition, this leader will be called upon to drive automation, improve delivery efficiency, and evolve the interaction models with multiple value streams.
As a servant leader, the Director Rewards and Product Strategy will be responsible for coaching and mentoring senior managers and architects to deliver outstanding solutions. This individual will be responsible for tracking key delivery and performance metrics, and leveraging them to drive continuous improvement within all aspects of delivery (people, process, and technology).
- Accountable for delivering on the technology vision and roadmap for Discover's Rewards and Products capabilities and product parity.
- Able to anticipate future trends and business needs and improve speed to market of key capabilities.
- Responsible for driving and evolving automation throughout the entire delivery lifecycle.
- Build strong relationships and manage key partnerships with external providers.
- Ensure all availability targets are met or exceeded.
- Lead department transformation to product oriented delivery model and consistent agile delivery approach.
- Responsible for managing department budget/financials.
- Responsible for controls associated with the application components within their value stream
- Owner of controls within Archer and ensures proper maintenance and reviews are established
- Leads SOX, FDIC, Internal Audit and Compliance audits across product teams within their value stream
- Responsible for all Audit findings across product teams.
- Establish and track key metrics to measure delivery performance and quality.
- Ensure technical solutions adhere to the technology patterns and guard rails established by Enterprise Architecture.
- Responsible for performance, technical skill enablement, and allocation of team members to best support product engineering teams.
- Coaches teams to continuously improve process and practices, drive out waste and toil, and to foster a culture of continuous innovation and learning
- Collaborates and negotiates with Product teams and Infrastructure Services
- Anticipates future technology trends and skilling needs of the engineering Chapters
- Attract, develop, and retain talent to achieve a strong team; and develop own technical, coaching and leadership skills to stay in-line with industry trends.
- Translate technology challenges and opportunities to key business stakeholders to ensure buy in and prioritization.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to execute on deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant technology leadership, or related experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.