|Location:||Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can't achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world. At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples' lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
The Technology for Social Impact Team is chartered with the mission of bringing the power of technology to every non-profit and humanitarian organization to accelerate Social Good. This organization will bring together our donation and grants programs, industry solutions, commercial sales efforts and partner ecosystems to empower non-profits globally to address the world’s most pressing needs. Profits generated from this business will be reapplied to scaling operations and investments for Microsoft’s public good investments. This is a dynamic and fast-growing business focused on helping organizations on the front line of change to do their best work to create inclusive and enduring positive impact throughout our communities.
As the Global Customer Engagement (CE) Technical Specialist, you will engage with customers, Account Executives, and Specialists to understand the business’s needs, and then design and present business solutions that leverage our Business Applications portfolio with focus on One Microsoft (Biz Apps + Azure + Modern Workplace.) that help non-profits achieve their humanitarian and societal mission. Technical Specialists will be a sought-after subject matter expert by Microsoft sales teams for their technical leadership. You will own technical and solution envisioning with customers via remote engagements including demos, custom demos, solution designs, implementation plans, and proof of concepts. In addition, you will provide expertise on the business and technical value of Microsoft’s public cloud offerings versus the competition.
Find out more about Technology for Social Impact Team at: https://blogs.microsoft.com/on-the-issues/2019/09/03/small-and-medium-sized-nonprofits-now-have-the-tools-to-bridge-their-own-digital-divides/ & https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/nonprofits
The main goal of the Microsoft Technical Specialist is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our technology. You will work in a team, enabling the customers through digital transformation. Technical Specialists are expected to be able to both own and win the customers technical decisions, as well as find new opportunities. The Technical Specialist explains, demonstrates & proves the capabilities of Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement solutions by articulating relevant and compelling business case examples built on technical and functional value messaging.
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- Act as the key Business Applications technical contact for our team with potential customers.
- You will lead technical presentations, demonstrations, limited proof of concepts, quick technical feasibility assessments, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- You will own winning the technical decision at customers for Dynamics 365 sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in the technical decision making.
- You will focus in one, or possibly more, of the following areas: Sales Automation, Customer Service, Field Service, and Marketing for Dynamics 365. You will be an evangelist for the Microsoft Power Platform, including PowerApps, Power Automate, and Power BI.
- Scope the technical and security design for customer solutions, select optimal migration paths for the customer, and support building consumption plans.
- Collaborate on implementation requirements and pricing calculations as required, so that the customer receives an accurate projection of anticipated costs in new services sought.
- Prepare technical insights and key scenarios required to drive the right technical and business solution outcomes.
- Conduct group and one-on-one trainings on subjects of expertise.
- Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for net-new revenue and sales pipeline, as well as operational metrics.
- Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitor, achieving L300+ knowledge and demo capabilities.
- Help identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers.
- Bachelor's Degree or 5+ years of related experience in technical pre and post sales and/or technical consulting roles within a software and/or services company such as Salesforce, Google, Amazon, IBM, Oracle.
- Deep technical experience in Dynamics 365 and other cloud-based business applications including:
Customer Relationship Management (CRM); Sales Automation; Customer service platform; Field Services; Project Services Automation; Enterprise Resource Planning; Competitive knowledge of Salesforce, SAP, Oracle Netsuite, ClickSoftware, etc. Preferably familiarity with business intelligence and analytics.
- Experience explaining key end-user scenarios and technical architecture for business applications solutions.
- Understand cloud deployment and adoption planning.
- Experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems.
- Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, senior executives, industry decision makers and or boards.
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment.
Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit.
- Excellent Communicator: Communication and collaboration, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- This role will be based out of Las Colinas, TX or Fargo, ND campus locations only.
- 4-year degree preferred. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions preferred.
- Experience with cloud-based applications and services, hands-on experience with Dynamics 365 is strongly preferred.
- Takes initiative to independently grow technical knowledge.
- Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer facing role.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value.
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals.
- Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.