|Job Type:||Full Time|
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS.
TE Connectivity's Marketing teams are responsible for broad marketing strategy and execution across all marketing and/or digital activities including integrated, digital, communications, product marketing, etc., for a business, region, country or corporate function by developing clear and compelling positioning and value propositions and go-to-market approaches for new product introductions. They are also responsible for brand portfolio management, aligning with corporate frameworks, including marketing plans for newly acquired brands and creative direction of all marketing communications, overseeing brand experience across all marketing and customer, sales and employee touch points. They develop and implement an integrated strategy for digital marketing, including the TE.com website and social media, digital advertising campaigns that lead the marketing community in accelerated adoption of emerging digital and content-centered marketing practices and lead development and delivery of best practice marketing communications by leveraging industry trends, competitive intelligence, customer insights and analysis in developing compelling marketing programs.
Business and Role Overview
TE is one of the largest sensors companies in the world. As part of TE’s Transportation Solutions segment, TE Connectivity Sensors products are vital to the next generation of data-driven technology. We offer an unmatched portfolio of solutions for applications across a wide range of industries, including Industrial, Medical, Appliance, and Aerospace & Defense.
Our sensor technologies enable measurement capabilities such as pressure, temperature, position, vibration, humidity and fluid property, to name a few. Our sensor portfolio is an important piece to our overall customer value proposition of co-creation, innovation and harsh environments.
We have a global customer base that is supported by our more than 4,500 employees and over 600 engineers around the world.
We are currently seeking a top talent to fill a key role within our business unit as Director, Marketing. This role will report directly to the Senior Vice President & General Manager of TE Connectivity’s Sensors business unit and functionally to the Vice President, Marketing for the Transportation Solutions segment. This role is a key member of the TE Connectivity Sensors business leadership team, driving our Marketing activities as well as providing broader business leadership for the organization. As part of the TE Connectivity Sensors team, the Director, Marketing will be joining a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business, while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to ensure constant innovation and openness to change.
This role is responsible for global marketing programs and initiatives that drive growth in our business. This includes a strong ability to lead and partner across functions to serve as a marketing thought leader and strategic business partner in a dynamically changing and technology-driven industry. This position leads a team of marketing professionals in France, China and the United States and serves as a member of the TE Marketing Operating Committee. The successful candidate will be able to collaborate and thrive in a global environment, provide innovative marketing and communication approaches and champion change
Marketing Strategy & Integrated Marketing
- Demonstrate natural strategic mindset by utilizing market research, customer insights, competitive intelligence and internal business plans to create an understanding and insights into how marketing can drive growth within target markets, applications, customer and prospect segments. Partner cross-functionally to build a deep understanding of the company’s markets and technologies, identifying gaps and growth opportunities. Leverage knowledge and business acumen to deploy marketing programs and initiatives to drive incremental sales in new go-to-market channels and partnership strategies based upon a strong understanding of key products, applications and trends impacting the targeted sensors industries.
- Design, direct and lead the Sensors marketing strategy and programs by developing and implementing integrated programs that are aligned with overall growth objectives, which may include all elements of the marketing mix. Ensure seamless delivery against global and sub-business specific marketing objectives in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Establish application-based product marketing philosophy within the Sensors marketing organization and collaboration model between marketing, engineering, product management, strategy and sales.
- Build close alignment with sales and product management leaders to ensure marketing’s activities across the entire Sensors portfolio are designed to support various sales models including direct field sales, demand generation for inside sales, and distribution partnerships.
- Ensure marketing goals, programs and results are aligned and reflected within established business priorities.
- In partnership with Transportation Solutions Internal Communications leader, define and execute the internal communications strategy, advising senior leadership, developing messaging and overseeing the implementation of initiatives to drive greater employee engagement using a variety of approaches and channels Sensors.
- Build successful relationships based on confidence and trust with various key collaborators from across the TE Connectivity Sensors business, Engineering and Human Resource partners as well as Corporate Communications and Investor Relations teams.
- Develop a globally aligned Thought Leadership agenda to showcase TE’s leading role in the key trends shaping the future of sensing and connectivity in target mega trends leveraging a variety of channels, owned and earned.
- Establish a customer communication strategy to drive satisfaction, loyalty and increase Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Be an advocate and thought leader for digital: From understanding and interpreting digital data to staying abreast of leading digital marketing trends and user behaviours, it is critical that this role embraces and leads not just for marketing but all things digital.
- Work cross-functionally to bring additional market insight to the digital go-to-market focus areas, customer insights based on quantitative and qualitative research and growth planning discussions. Develop differentiated go-to-market strategies that support Sensors’ revenue growth via digital channels including expanded online service and support models.
Talent Development & Leadership
- Act as a role model for marketing, fostering and promoting a mind-set and culture of marketing excellence in the business unit. Set and build a marketing vision that is embraced throughout the organization, which will include establishing credibility at all levels; bringing best practice approaches; cultivating a high performing marketing organization and developing talent.
- Take an agile approach to continuous improvement and rapid pilots, constantly testing and developing new programs and methods as required.
- Lead and partner cross-functionally in service of the customer journey and employee experience by building trust, accountability and breaking down silos across the organization to lead beyond Marketing.
- Sit on the Transportation Solutions Marketing leadership team with marketing leaders from across the other TS business units as well as segment marketing professionals in various marketing disciplines (i.e. Digital, Integrated and Strategic Marketing).
- Work closely with Marketing teams across the company to leverage shared strengths and resources whenever possible.
Success in the role requires strong business acumen and strategic mindset, exceptional analytical and communication skills, experience in designing and implementing governance processes, ability to work seamlessly with leaders at multiple levels, and ability to translate technical marketing acumen to commercially-driven marketing activities. Strong capability to link the strategy with the right execution model is essential, enabling TE Connectivity Sensors marketing to achieve strategic milestones and deliver results.
Must have a strong ability to influence across functions and build relationships with key individuals in different areas of the organization. The candidate should be able to function as an individual contributor at times as well as part of a team. The successful candidate will have a keen ability to seek the ideas of multiple individuals in the organization and help facilitate the best path forward for the BU in strategic decisions. In addition, successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Science or Engineering is required.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, with a minimum of 5 years leading a global marketing team.
- B2B marketing experience with a large, global and highly matrixed organization is required.
- Experience working in product marketing and product portfolio management.
- Experience working with multiple sales channels and models (field sales, inside sales, distribution, eCommerce) is required.
- Experience managing revenue targets over $500M required.
- Experience working on all aspects of M&A efforts from target mapping and due diligence through integration.
- Experience designing and implementing analytics/dashboards, CRM platform, Onboarding and training programs required
- Has track record of successfully leading a digital marketing functions and delivering top results
- High levels of conceptual thinking, problem structuring and analysis, cross functional team leadership, and the ability to work across organizational boundaries.
- Managerial courage and communication skills to effectively and constructively challenge and influence and guide senior leaders and experts in the organization.
- Must have fluency in English. German, French or Mandarin language skills will be highly valued.