|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is seeking an EHS leader to lead the EHS function at the Andover, Minnesota manufacturing facility and serve as the NA EHS Leader for the TE Sensors business unit. This position will be based in Andover, Minnesota and will directly report to the TE Sensors global EHS Leader with an indirect reporting line to the Andover site operations leader.
This professional will be responsible for leadership, management and implementation for all EHS systems in Andover and oversee EHS performance across the TE Sensors sites in North America. The incumbent will develop a strategy to align with corporate and business unit objectives while implementing system improvements to achieve EHS excellence and maintain environmental, health and safety TE and regulatory compliance.
- Lead efforts in the development, implementation, and evaluation of all environmental, health and safety processes, programs, and procedures to achieve goals and continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with all country and local environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements and TE standards.
- Develop and maintain a compliance calendar to confirm all compliance activity timelines are met, to include environmental permits and permit reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain an effective EH&S management system.
- Serve as expert for all EHS related topics and risk reduction programs
- Assess training needs, create and implement all required safety training to include new employees’ orientation. Deliver EHS training sessions to all levels of the plant organization, to include ERT training and guidance.
- Ensure incident investigations are effective in the identification of root cause and that corrective and preventive actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Lead safety meetings with site leaders, employees and committee volunteers.
- Complete internal and external EHS reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Assist operational leader in EHS spending and capital investments decision making and planning.
- Coach operational leadership to establish best in class EHS culture.
- Challenge and foster employee engagement and recognition to ensure best in class EHS systems are implemented and sustained.
- Develop a “visual factory” for environmental, health and safety programs.
- Govern chemical management, handling of all hazardous and non-hazardous wastes streams, wastewater treatment permit and air permit.
- Maintain ISO 14001 certification and preparation of all required EHS audits.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Preferably in Environmental, Health & Safety
- Professional EH&S Certification preferred, e.g. Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, etc.
- 5+ years of working experience in manufacturing environment with emphasis on safety/environmental management
- Demonstrated communication, negotiation, influencing, collaboration and team building skills are required.
- Thorough knowledge of EH&S state and country regulatory requirements.
- Must have ability to work without direct day-to-day supervision
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple activities
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $12 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.