|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
This position will interact with engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, and quality personnel on site and with other manufacturing sites in Asia and Europe. Responsibilities also include supervision of the quality department and will be responsible for ensuring compliance with current business objectives, applicable national and internationally recognized quality systems standards and customer specific requirements.
- Responsible for implementation and compliance to ISO 9001/AS9100/MDSAP (US/Canada) (ISO13485)
- Responsible for APQP and PPAP and other coordination of third party compliance (FM, UL, CSA) as may be required by business for effective launches and ongoing monitoring of certifications.
- Performs and manages internal, regulatory (FDA/NB), customers and supplier audits
- Oversight of Returns Material Authorization (RMA) process, Incoming Quality Control (IQC), document control of Quality Management System procedures.
- Promoting quality methods and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Proactively assure implementation and documentation of corrective / preventive actions.
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a quality plan to bring the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies into compliance with quality system requirements.
- Provide guidance/instruction as to appropriate and effective data collection and analysis so as to promote prevention of defects and continuous improvements.
- Develop and implement quality standards strategy for internal auditing, and development/documentation of standard operating procedures.
- Effectively interact with Production and Development teams to maintain product supply and help introduce new products.
- Perform internal and external quality audits as required.
- Assures congruence between site quality manual and actual practices.
- Ensuring procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are qualified before implementation.
- Manage employee development of the direct reports in the quality department. Tasks include, but are not limited to: training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance of personnel.
- Supervising staff in performing failure analysis.
- Collect, analyze and report on quality related statistics and metrics.
- Writing technical and management systems reports and requirements.
- Setting Quality Dept objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures.
- Support the Site Manager in other actions as required.
What your background should look like:
- Demonstrated experience working with offshore Manufacturing.
- Experience in ISO13485/AS9100 quality management systems. Other Quality Management systems, i.e. TS19649, ISO9001 beneficial but not required.
- Knowledge of quality improvement methodologies; related statistical tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant statistical methods.
- Ability to interface effectively internally and externally.
- Ability to communicate quality plans and issues with all level of management and customers (e.g., formal quality presentations).
- Ability to apply various failure analysis techniques to isolate failures down to the root cause.
- Capable of project management; design and implementation of experiments/tests and problem solving in advanced technology research and development.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Must be a team player.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field with a minimum of 8 years of experience.
- Master’s Degree or higher or local equivalent may be preferred at this level.
- Demonstrates expertise within a specific professional discipline by integrating theory and principles with organizational practices and precedents into work
- Broad knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Knowledge of TE’s business, products and processes.
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require high degree of ingenuity and innovation.
- Adapts precedents and traditional approaches to develop solutions.
- Must be US person or PRC holder due to access to products and technology controlled under the ITAR & EAR.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $12 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.